• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 1 - NZ vs RSA Twickenham

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
In that 2013 test right at the end (around 14:06) Le Roux with one of the more obvious knock downs unpenalised or uncarded :)

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
South Africa:
15 Willie le Roux, 14 JP Pietersen, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Fourie du Preez (captain), 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Schalk Burger, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bismarck du Plessis, 1 Tendai Mtawarira

Substitutes: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Trevor Nyakane, 18 Jannie du Plessis, 19 Victor Matfield, 20 Willem Alberts, 21 Ruan Pienaar, 22 Pat Lambie, 23 Jan Serfontein

Faaaarrrrrk......that's a good team

papabear

Watty Friend (18)
IMO the all blacks generally play far more positive rugby going for the try, attacking the edges and playing clever plays looking for the try then what SA do, hence I go for them.

Samson

Chris McKivat (8)
There is no question that that Bok team can take the AB's. It comes back to what tactics the Bok choose. If you kick it down their throat you'll lose.

Win or lose, if it's close surely the Bok coach will have a heart attack. God, he is excitable. Looking forward to a cracker of a game and hopefully the Wallabies play the winner next week.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Richie McCaw, David Pocock and Schalk Burger are standing before God at the throne of Heaven. God looks at them and says, "Before granting you a place at my side, I must first ask you what you believe in."

Addressing Pocock first he asks, "What do you believe?" Pocock looks God in the eye and states passionately, "I believe Rugby to be the food of life. Nothing else brings such unbridled joy to so many people. I have devoted my life to bring such joy to everyone."

God offers Pocock the seat to his right.
He then turns to Schalk Burger, "And you, Schalk, what do you believe?" Schalk stands tall and proud. "I believe courage, honour and passion are the fundamentals to life and I've spent my whole playing career providing a living embodiment of these traits."

God, moved by the passion of the speech offers Schalk the seat to his left.

Finally, he turns to Richie McCaw. "And you, Richie, what do you believe?"

"I believe..." says Richie "... that you're sitting in my seat."

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Johan Roux(front left) - Joost's understudy for so long.

Probably still faster than Ruan Pienaar.

2015-10-22 04.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Been scouting the betting sites & have yet to find anyone offering more than 1.35 for NZ: even Sportsbet.co.za has them at 1.28 with an 8.5 start, which is about the average. I wish I was that confident but I'm not: no way we're gonna do to the Bokke what we did to the Frogs & I'd settle for a last-gasp win c/- a 50/50 penalty at this point :).

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Been scouting the betting sites & have yet to find anyone offering more than 1.35 for NZ: even Sportsbet.co.za has them at 1.28 with an 8.5 start, which is about the average. I wish I was that confident but I'm not: no way we're gonna do to the Bokke what we did to the Frogs & I'd settle for a last-gasp win c/- a 50/50 penalty at this point :).

I think Heyneke would be flattered to hear you think it'll be this close.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ been burned often enough to know that pre-match form, momentum & all the other media-talk BS count for fuck all once the whistle blows. I'll be amazed if there's more than nine points in it. Mind you, I'm the guy who tipped AB by 8 - 12 last week so WTF do I know (in my defence that was where most've the $$$ went so I wasn't alone :))?

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
I am worried for a couple of reasons:

-if it rains it might turn this into a close quarters slug-fest - which definitely favors the Boks. We just aren't as physical as they are.
-the Boks are underdogs

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Aw come on - ABs surely unbackable faves after performance by both teams last week?

Lest we forget:

1991: NZ 29-13 Canada, Aus 19-18 Ire: Aus16-6 NZ
1995: NZ 45-29 Poms, SA 19-15 Frogs: SA 15-12 NZ

Red-hot faves but crashed & burned both times so yeah, nah, ain't necessarily so, bro :)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Lest we forget:

1991: NZ 29-13 Canada, Aus 19-18 Ire: Aus16-6 NZ
1995: NZ 45-29 Poms, SA 19-15 Frogs: SA 15-12 NZ

Red-hot faves but crashed & burned both times so yeah, nah, ain't necessarily so, bro :)

Nah, plenty of your countrymen like to tell how Aus were clearly favourites in 1991. Years down the track. I'm sure Pfitzy knows of this talk. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.