1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 1/4 Final England vs Australia

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by Dismal Pillock, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Joe King Alfred Walker (16)

Fair point about better selections. That would have made a difference, but not by much. The real problem is our skills and our depth of players with skills. That has always been bad, and nothing could have really changed that. A new coach won't be able to solve that.

Poor hands, bad timing of offloads, lack of support players, never looking for support players, forwards acting as individuals rather than as a pack, poor kicking, silly mistakes, etc.
    boyo likes this.
  2. Rugbynutter39 Peter Sullivan (51)

Thanks cheika - time to go - but to blame wallaby lows on cheika or other coaches naive as structurally rugby in Australia deficient from adminstration perspective and pity the fallout is to not sack Rugby Australia who should be held accountable for why wallabies lost
    gel and Joe King like this.
  3. Derpus Mark Ella (57)

Genia took on average 4 steps before passing, every single time. Madness.
    boyo, Seb V and Spruce Moose like this.
  4. Spruce Moose Ted Fahey (11)

Totally agree the talent is there, the NRC is helping as well. Think RA biggest mess was not flicking Cheika before the RWC and bringing in fresh blood they just buckled and compromised with this selection panel and director of rugby. However they may have put feelers out into the market and saw nothing.

After this RWC there is options, Gatland, Joseph, Schmidt etc. all leaving posts. I know Gatland is going to highlanders but surely the Wallabies job is intresting and think Joseph hasn't sign on the dotted line for the extension at Japan yet.
  5. pnut Peter Burge (5)

It means two centres that won’t or can’t pass as first option doesn’t work. I really rate jordy but as a winger at the moment until he matured as a rugby player
  6. molman Syd Malcolm (24)

Fair rebuke. The question is do we have the coaching and pathways to bring that to the next level. A lot of that junior talent over the years hasn't made the step up (for whatever reason).
  7. molman Syd Malcolm (24)

. . .but I agree, there is a lot to be hopeful about.
    A mutterer likes this.
  8. Brumby Runner Rod McCall (65)

There is a difference in the No 10s RN, but the bigger problem is the light years of difference between E Jones and M Cheika.
    Seb V and Derpus like this.
  9. Derpus Mark Ella (57)

He passed about 50% of the time, and created our only try. He's 19. It was a RWC quarter final. Happy with his performance.
    TSR, The Nomad, formerflanker and 3 others like this.
  10. Derpus Mark Ella (57)

Mate Cheika and Jones are on opposite sides of the observable universe.
    Brumby Runner likes this.
  11. Slim 293 Jason Little (69)

Nah.... Cheika and his support staff definitely get to share in the blame.
    Seb V likes this.
  12. molman Syd Malcolm (24)

I think there were economic considerations as well. A lot of the the best international coaches tied up in other teams.. also I think Gatland is going to the Cheifs no?
  13. tragic Phil Hardcastle (33)

At least the poms will have to beat the ABs to win the WC.
    Kinda feel like you’ve dodged a bullet if you win without playing them.
    They’ve done it before. Not this year.
    molman likes this.
  14. Dismal Pillock Greg Davis (50)

[IMG]
    "Should've started me instead
    ya stupid f***** **** ****s."
    -Wallabies reserve halfback Nic White
  15. Adam84 Colin Windon (37)

Right, so you have a go at me for not understanding your posts, and rather then apologies for mistyping you have another go at me?

I get the wallabies but don't take it out on me.
    Seb V likes this.
  16. KOB1987 Mark Ella (57)

This.
  17. Derpus Mark Ella (57)

I'm pretty sure the eventual winner (when not NZ) have only also beaten the ABs once.
  18. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

Well, he doesn't coach them.
  19. Shaker Dave Cowper (27)

End of the day, we gave a lead to a team made to grind out games from the front. Happy to defend and take points where they can. Can't see them beating the Kiwis if thats the semi.
  20. Joe Blow Peter Fenwicke (45)

Australia ill disciplined and tactically inept.
    The Australian way Cheika said. Same game plan for the past 5 years that is easily defended and trumped.

Time for a new era. We have good talent on deck and coming through. We just need someone to mould it who can be flexible and progressive. A disappointing result no doubt but England are currently on a different level. Well coached and confident in their game plan. Congrats to them.
    The Pirate, Ignoto, CTPE and 3 others like this.