1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 1/4 Final England vs Australia

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by Dismal Pillock, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Seb V Geoff Shaw (53)

Agree really like him at commentator. Provides a non-bias perspective too.

Really wish they would get rid of Kearnes and Martin already.
  2. eastman Jimmy Flynn (14)

So when Pocock pilfers the ball it's his prodigious talent and skill but when Hooper does the same it's off the back of other's good tackling?
  3. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

Pfft, it'd be really cool if he was wearing a linen suit and drinking a G&T and saying "But it's a dry heat!".
    TSR, dru, The Pirate and 3 others like this.
  4. A mutterer Nev Cottrell (35)

actually, thinking back the writing was on the wall before the game evens started.

a man (and even worse a former silk trader) who cannot tie his own tie is the ultimate reflection of poor preparation and poor performance.

i mean ffs, rugby men grew up in private schools!
    Joe Blow likes this.
  5. Shaker Dave Cowper (27)

Lets see what Rennie has in store for us in the future i guess. Cheika just never got us to the level we expected. Tonight showed that, well and truly outcoached.
    Joe Blow likes this.
  6. eastman Jimmy Flynn (14)

The only insight and understanding comes from Mitchell and Hoiles. It's amazing how poor Kearns's understanding of modern rugby really is.
  7. Slim 293 Jason Little (69)

Eh?!

Rodda (and Arnold) has been exceptional.....

Coleman has been poor the last couple of years, and was lucky to be in the squad.
    TSR, The Nomad, The Pirate and 5 others like this.
  8. Lorenzo Nev Cottrell (35)

Wonder when this castle presser is.
  9. Gnostic Mark Ella (57)

:D
    RedsHappy likes this.
  10. Rugbynutter39 Peter Sullivan (51)

Hi Adam

Let’s leave it - regardless of what posted saying things like FFS got my blood boiling after few wines and yes I still should not have texted that way. Peace pipe offered so let’s move on
    Silverado and Adam84 like this.
  11. molman Syd Malcolm (24)

Feel like you boys need one of those awkward rugby hand shakes some of the refs seem to like on the field.
    Gnostic, Dismal Pillock and Seb V like this.
  12. Brumby Runner Rod McCall (65)

I didn't say the Pooper lost the game. Like every time they've played together since the last RWC they have not won the game for us. We would in all probability have won a few more if they hadn't been put on the field together.
  13. Adam84 John Solomon (38)

I apologies, I shouldn't have used FFS, I reacted poorly to how I interpreted the way you replied to me.

I think we're both disappointed our team lost, and neither had any intent to offend each other but perhaps that was lost in translation.

Have a good night.
  14. KOB1987 Mark Ella (57)

Like if we ran lopeti timani out instead of hoops, hey?
    Silverado and Seb V like this.
  15. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

Be interesting to see if Rennie gets a free hand with regard to assistants. But that's probably musing for the Wallabies 2020 thread. When it exists!
    Seb V and RedsHappy like this.
  16. eastman Jimmy Flynn (14)

Maybe Pocock has warranted starting over Hooper in the past but Hooper has vastly outperformed him this tournament. You're right we probably would have won a few more if we started with the same backrow as the team that beat the All Blacks earlier this year.
    Brumby Runner likes this.
  17. Seb V Geoff Shaw (53)

Beale did well tonight besides the stupid chip kick - couldn't see DHP, Banks, or Maddocks doing any better in the same situations. (and I'm not Beale fan - give me DHP or Banks any day).

Coleman shouldn't have started - he hasn't been playing well besides one good hit here and there. Rodda is in good form and also did okay tonight, and MOTM last game.

Sio > Slipper - Slipper a worse scrummager and Sio more phsyical into contact, Slipper more mobile. Sio doesn't get much credit but does everything asked of him.

JOC - only one good game this year. I think he crabs a bit too much and offers nothing besides a decent pass. Happy to be proven wrong though as he hasn't had a lot of game time.

Salakai-Loto - Why? He has been average or worse then average every game this year.
    Silverado and eastman like this.
  18. Joe Blow Peter Fenwicke (45)

Many of the peeps here are fans of Kerevi but he had no place in that backline with those tactics. He stifled the attack and it was obvious that England have had his measure since he made his debut against them in the series in Oz in 2016. He is a one trick flat track pony. Maybe he should have been a backrower?
    We need a 10 and 12 who can feed Petaia and the likes of Koroibete. Not sure who’s coming through but there will be options. Even with Kerevi there CLL had to shoulder much of the front on defence and the taking of the ball to the line. Toomua would have been a better starter at 12.
    chibimatty and The_Brown_Hornet like this.
  19. RedsHappy Geoff Shaw (53)

Yes. It’s really only RA that, as the ultimate supervising institution, could rightly be considered more culpable.
  20. Tomikin Mark Loane (55)

I was so annoyed they called him there as it looked all by himsleve stop 5 white shirts.. Got the ball carrier and made the turn over. I know his been doing it all year. But i thought it a thing of beauty..