• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 Week 1 Other Games match thread

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Referees appear to be not enforcing the off side rule. All Blacks camped offside in Springboks backline all night, same for French in the Argies backline. Both results could have been different if standard offside penalties were awarded. As for poor old Fiji, refs cannot help by penalise the minnows whilst allowing shoulder charges to go unchecked.

S

Show-n-go

Ireland really showing no killer instinct, I know they are up by a decent amount but they really should be putting the foot on the throat of the Scottish right about now

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
What a drag. Feels like the match has been going for 3 hours. Scroteland have had the ball for about 8 hours and it just feels like there is no potential at all for anything to happen for them

B

Bobby Sands

What a drag. Feels like the match has been going for 3 hours. Scroteland have had the ball for about 8 hours and it just feels like there is no potential at all for anything to happen for them

Russell & Hogg are great players, I have no idea how the other blokes in the backline even got the call up to be honest.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Based on my experiences of watching PI teams over the years, this seems to be the general rule.

PIRugby.PNG