• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 Week 1 Other Games match thread

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
ffs poms nab their bonus point in the 78th minute.

Highlight of the match at 75th minute after the mazy run when messrs Wonder and Charles conspire to bomb a certain try halfway back to 10666 BC.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Nah.it's just kiwis are used to playing against/with the polynesian brothers. We've been getting hit by them from the very first U5's rugby training..

Something I always told my mates over here BR, it makes a difference if you brought up with it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
ffs, Day 3 and Oirland, Ingerland and Scatland turn up like some sort of mass anaesthesium. Suddenly fixtures turn into 4-hour gruelfests of laborious unco plod.

Just go home already please. All of you. You know who you are.

Quarters: NZ, SA, Aus, Japan, Arg, Fiji, Samoa, France.

THANKS.

Agree re: Scotland who were awful, Japan & Samoa both a chance if they keep that form up.

Ireland I thought did what they had to do, how they do it, then shut up shop. You only get one BP for scoring tries so why give future oppo more video to analyse?

I'm loathe to excuse England anything but with their draw I wouldn't be doing any more v Tonga than necessary, either.

Haven't caught up with Wales yet but based on what I've read it looks to me that their approach falls somewhere between that of Ireland & England.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Someone needs to go to these 2nd tier European countries and explain what quick ball is. Georgia were the same last night.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Uruguay with 4 professional players make a big upset against Fiji.

How good it must feel to be a Uruguay rugby supporter. New South American League will allow Uruguay professional team to further develop