• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2023 - All Blacks pool matches

How far will AB progress?

• A. Won't make it out of the Pool

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • B. Beaten in QF

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • C. Beaten in SF

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • D. Beaten in Final

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • E. ALL THE WAY, BABY!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Seems like only 1 side has tried to play any rugby
France are just playing field position and waiting to ABs to make an error
If the ABs can be more patient on the 2nd half they should come away with this, missed a couple of chances there loosing the ball and overplaying their hand

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Big miss not to score at the end of the half though.

de Groot needs to sort out whatever is happening at scrum time. Though idk if it's worth it to roll the dice early and see which Ofa we'll be getting today.

De Groot was De Poop in the first half.

..some of my best work.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
This is a cracking game... I don't see how the wallabies beat either of these teams.

Go All Blacks

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
gg. France generated, and took advantage of, their second half opportunities more than the ABs did in the first. A bummer to lose but unlikely to alter the difficulty of the elimination path.

Unless the mad lad Scots do something wild. Or Italy.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
I only caught the final 30min (think the ABs were up 13-9 when i turned it on) but for the period I watched the French were operating at another level. They weren't entirely error free but the intensity and speed with which things were occurring was materially above what I feel like I've seen recently from pretty much anyone else. The ABs didn't even look at the races until that garbage time almost-try.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Seemed to me that Beanuden's pressured kicking (i.e., when up in the line and not in a kicking duel) reverted to his popgun level in the second half. Hopefully Jordie's return can help alleviate those situations.

100%. His erratic play doesn't help when the forwards are failing to get any go forward. We've known this for years though. Soon as Carter retired everybody noticed that Beauden doesn't actually have great game management, just oodles of talent/speed.

It's a bit fucking criminal that this team always looks completely clueless when playing the top sides though. Ireland, France, SA on their day. They always, always revert to low success plays. They don't grind anything out. Seems like poor coaching. I guess the forward pack just isn't what it used to be also, let's be real. Oh well.

Hopefully they can somehow turn themselves into a test team before the quarters, not flat track bullies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well enjoyed game regardless of result. We dropped off 2nd half, and Jordan's yc really turned game completely. I think we answered the question about who should be 7, Papali'i struggled I thought. But anyway, although we lost and not a lot of running good opening match!

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Well enjoyed game regardless of result. We dropped off 2nd half, and Jordan's yc really turned game completely. I think we answered the question about who should be 7, Papali'i struggled I thought. But anyway, although we lost and not a lot of running good opening match!

100% on the 7. Talea makes me nervous too, particularly on defense. Seems clueless at times.

Just noticed the penalty count, 12-4. You're probably never going to win with that disparity..