• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2023 Fantasy Draft

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Fun to try and work out when to use your boosts. Triple captain, I'm trying to work out the biggest mismatch in the game. Ireland v Romania, NZ v Namibia, Aus v Portugal, Arg v Chile. Probably do it in the Aus game because I wanna see Nawaqanitawase run an absolute train on some poor portugese irmãos in person.

Funnily enough I think defensive captain would be best used also in NZ v Namibia but on Richard Hardwick. You just know he's gonna tackle a billion times for 80 minutes, poor fucker.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I'll take 1000/8000 after the first round. Made some pretty key errors I think can be fixed up.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
This round has one notionally close game and all the rest are blowouts. How do you pick which player(s) is/are going over for 3+tries?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
This round has one notionally close game and all the rest are blowouts. How do you pick which player(s) is/are going over for 3+tries?
Wait for the teams to be announced and just pick the best players from the best nations. Dont think there is any trick to predicting exactly who will run in the most tries.

You can probably get some fairly affordable players that will score a lot in, for example, the French side who are running a second string team.

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wait for the teams to be announced and just pick the best players from the best nations. Dont think there is any trick to predicting exactly who will run in the most tries.

You can probably get some fairly affordable players that will score a lot in, for example, the French side who are running a second string team.
Only minor complication is picking your team with rolling lock outs. Makes it a little trickier making room for Player X who you think will come available later on for a certain price.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Cam Roigard and DMAC, you absolute fucking beauty. Cheers for the 281 points by them 2 alone.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Cam Roigard and DMAC, you absolute fucking beauty. Cheers for the 281 points by them 2 alone.
I also had big Leicester but unfortunately I captained Leicester rather than one of those two. Another fumble.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I’m going ok in the RWC one but the Superbru locks the round when there are 4 starting lineups announced. I didn’t realise this would happen and hadn’t even made any changes from the previous week because I thought you would at least be able to make changes to players in teams who hadn’t played yet. Not so. At least we are all in the same boat.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
The duality of man in my fantasy team
IMG_2391.jpeg

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
256 is enormous. Are you currently top? I've dropped to second position which is quite vexing.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Roigard + McKenzie for anyones fantasy draft. Expect them to get 100+ each. Question is who do you captain.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Roigard + McKenzie for anyones fantasy draft. Expect them to get 100+ each. Question is who do you captain.
McKenzie is a no-brianer because he is listed as a flyhalf but is playing at fullback. Flyhalves are expensive in this version of fantasy but I still don't think they score as highly as outside backs.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Doesnt look like I'll be able to catch you. 300 points to make up over 2 more rounds and I only gained 8 on you last round.