• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I hope Carter has improved his strength in contact because I don't think he can fulfill the enforcer lock role now vacated by Skelton.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Rumour has it Hanson in for Palu and Carter for Skelton. Why not Horwill?, Sam seems seriously under-done to me.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Carter over Horwill is bullshit. (and this is coming from a Brumbies supporter).
Couldn't agree more......Horwill must have been caught banging Cheika's wife as it has been a pretty dramatic fall from grace since the early TRC matches.

Palu is no great loss as IMO he should never have been on the plane. Skelton on the other hand will be missed even if we only saw him for 20 minutes each week.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Carter over Horwill is bullshit. (and this is coming from a Brumbies supporter).

I agree in terms of who should take the field. However, they are only there for injury cover now and possibly not even see any game time so Carter may as well benefit from the experience.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I hope Carter has improved his strength in contact because I don't think he can fulfill the enforcer lock role now vacated by Skelton.

I agree. This is what confuses me about his selection. Carter has never been an enforcer - he is a workhorse. Which is great to have but not when paired with Simmons who is similar around the park.

You'd think Horwill would be next in-line for that role after his RC performances.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I agree in terms of who should take the field. However, they are only there for injury cover now and possibly not even see any game time so Carter may as well benefit from the experience.

If there taking Skelton's role, there is a very good chance we will see them on bench and playing the last 20mins. Horwill would fit this role well like he did against SA in the Rugby Championship.

Otherwise we have Mumm on the bench who doesn't offer the enforcer type of impact off the bench. Mumm is better cover for Fardy and Simmons.

Status
Not open for further replies.