• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
If ITV were ever going to get really dodgy with camera footage shenanigans aimed at influencing the refs, this would be the game for it. Millions on the line for them. Probably tens of millions. And who's to stop them?

Love this idea cos it's so true. ITV execs must be sweating bullets.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Love this idea cos it's so true. ITV execs must be sweating bullets.

From what I understand the TMO has complete control over the footage being used during review.

I was at the Australia / England match at Twickenham last November and remember being frustrated that no replay action was shown on the big screen during the match. The live action would be broadcast on the big screen in real time but as soon as there a stoppage the big screen would simply show social media stuff supporting england rugby #comeonegnland. Even when a try was scored there were no replays shown. Not sure if this is what is happening during the world cup or not.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I actually think Australia might redo our 30-3 job on them. They might get a couple more penalties than I forsee but they shall not cross the Australian line!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
From what I understand the TMO has complete control over the footage being used during review.

I was at the Australia / England match at Twickenham last November and remember being frustrated that no replay action was shown on the big screen during the match. The live action would be broadcast on the big screen in real time but as soon as there a stoppage the big screen would simply show social media stuff supporting england rugby #comeonegnland. Even when a try was scored there were no replays shown. Not sure if this is what is happening during the world cup or not.

I know. But its a great idea and Invertwat et al will be worried

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
And whilst we're on ITV, the prematch discussion will be historically and hysterically bad. I'm gonna be watching that just for the chance to see the squirm

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
32-18 means Australia give away 6 kickable penalties. That's not good discipline!

Or it means they leak 2 tries and give away 2 penalty goals. I think that is fathomable as I reckon we'll score the 4 tries but we will let a couple in in the process.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Or it means they leak 2 tries and give away 2 penalty goals. I think that is fathomable as I reckon we'll score the 4 tries but we will let a couple in in the process.

Dont you think the Australian defence is better than that? I'd be concerned if Australia leak two or three tries unless they come from rolling lineout mauls.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Dont you think the Australian defence is better than that? I'd be concerned if Australia leak two or three tries unless they come from rolling lineout mauls.

OK, 'leak' was a bad choice of word, I think our line defence will be close to impenetrable. I just meant the dodgers would score a couple, I wasn't trying to predict how.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Dont you think the Australian defence is better than that? I'd be concerned if Australia leak two tries unless they come from rolling lineout mauls.

Brian Moore has said they are illegal, and cheating just like he said Pythagoras Marler's scrummaging was. "Nyah Nyah Nyah take that you Shackle Draggers"

I'm impressed by such intelligent and erudite commentary coming from a "media personality". I reckon that you would probably get a more rational argument in the main bar of the Rooty Hill RSL at 11pm on a Mungoball Grand Final Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.