• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
So what are we looking at as far as casualties?

Horne looks like he popped his shoulder and will most likely be on the plane back to Sydney this week.

Taff's head knock might see him sit the next one out?

Gits most likely re-injured his ribs and will sit the next one out?

Any others that may be sitting out the Wales game?

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
4:50 am in Soap Dodger Land ATM. Expect the Interwebs to really fire up in a frenzy of self flagellation and Witch Hunting that the Taliban would be proud of in about 4 hours.

Gunston Corp International IT Division are on standby to handle the overload and surge when they wake up in Pommieland and feel the need to vent.
geneo.jpg

Gene Gunston here, on behalf of Gunston IITD, we're ready for the bastads

We had Deans reroute the French, Irish, Welsh and Aussie regional bias bile inductors to cope with the expected insane backwash deluge of pure concentrated bile to spew forth at an unprecedented rate from Pommyland in the coming hours and days. Pipes are already making a weirdly ominous thrum.

pipe1_zps05d949e2.jpg

pipe2_zps3b1a5047.jpg

Deans, as you'd expect, got all twitchy and abandoned his post at the first audible squeak, jumped off his silly little canary-yellow bicycle there and is loose in the facility somewhere. Don't worry, he has a house arrest ankle bracelet on, he won't get far.

I popped this looped track on the tape deck to help flush him out, its now echoing around the cavernous space at 135 dbs

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=J-uPkGlTnxw&p=n#/9;32

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have someone on Twitter having a go about me (and Australians in general) for not being gracious in victory.

It would be nice if that same chap (and others of his ilk who are used to vainglorious victories based on sanctioned illegalities) reminded their press to similarly be gracious in defeat, and acknowledge that they were comprehensively outplayed by the Wallabies.

The Soap Dodgers may have been shambolic, but they were so because they were out thought, and out played by an Australian Mob that allowed them no chance to revert to their usual dour boring as bat shit (and ultimately based on executing illegally plays) game plan.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
So what are we looking at as far as casualties?

Horne looks like he popped his shoulder and will most likely be on the plane back to Sydney this week.

Taff's head knock might see him sit the next one out?

Gits most likely re-injured his ribs and will sit the next one out?

Any others that may be sitting out the Wales game?

Folau limped off apparently.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I have someone on Twitter having a go about me (and Australians in general) for not being gracious in victory.

It would be nice if that same chap (and others of his ilk who are used to vainglorious victories based on sanctioned illegalities) reminded their press to similarly be gracious in defeat, and acknowledge that they were comprehensively outplayed by the Wallabies.

The Soap Dodgers may have been shambolic, but they were so because they were out thought, and out played by an Australian Mob that allowed them no chance to revert to their usual dour boring as bat shit (and ultimately based on executing illegally plays) game plan.

With the way they acted pre-game, all the shit talk, they deserved everything they got.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)

When I was in London for the 2003 wc every* Englishman complained that Aussies are bad winners therefore they are obliged to be bad winners. It's impossible to win.

*ok not every.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Something not talked about much, but Foley's kicking in play was much improved also.
Absolutely. Aside from Genia's two charged down box kicks I though we won the kicking battle too. Which makes us a much more difficult proposition.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
England's final match with Uruguay is basically going to be the team's funeral. There's surely no way they can get up for it. If it was a slightly stronger team than Uruguay you'd have to think they'd be vulnerable to an epic upset. I bet there'll be a lot of 2nd hand tickets going up for sale at less than face value.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
There are still 4 matches to go? Are you saying that your benchmark for this tourney was beating England in the pool match? Really pumped about the victory but lets not act like the mission has been accomplished.
It's not the benchmark,but short of putting 50 on the AB's to win the final.
I'm confident that looking back,this is the game I enjoyed the most.
I hate the way they play,and I hate the way they portray themselves.
it's great to see a negative and cynical game dissemble into the shambles that they are.
I'm just disappointed I didn't get to see any of that riff raff sobbing in the sheds.

G

galumay

WHile i am extremely happy with the Wobbly performance and the despatching of the orcs back to wherever whence they came, I am cautious against getting carried away.

Eng were truly awful, the signs were on the wall, the way Wales wore them down, the struggle against Fiji, but they never really looked like scoring tries - an observation I made after the Welsh game in respect of why the kicking accuracy was less important than in the past - we were always going to score more tries than them.

While there were many encouraging signs, there continue to be opportunities for improvement. Eng got back to within 7 points in that 2nd half and many teams would have been able to close that gap or even turn it around with a more potent attack. NZ, FRA, SA.... all come to mind.

We were only able to open it up again because a) they were so poor in finishing, and b.) they were reduced to 14 men.

If we are to go further in this RWC we will need to do everything as well as last night and some things better.

I see the game against Wales as an important step in the process, its unlikely they will play as badly as Eng, we need to lift the accuracy a step further and play very well to beat them.

One of Cheika's attributes seems to be an ability to keep a very down to earth and realistic attitude in the team, while he will join us all in celebrating a memorable win, I believe he will be keeping a lid on any sense of getting carried away or inflated expectations.

One game at a time, boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.