• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
attachment.php

attachment.php

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Coverage in today's papers in Sydney was pretty good I thought. Multi-page spreads in the Tele and Herald.

Obviously played second fiddle to the NRL, but I'm not sure that article is on the money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes barbarian, I bought a Telegraph this arvo on the GC. A two page spread on the "Good guys in gold" even got this far north!!

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Just saw the Hooper GIF for which he got cited. That's retarded. I can't think of a single thing he did wrong there. What next, will people get cited for tackling too hard?

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
^^ Already happening. Don't you remember The Battleship being Yellow Carded for a ripper of a tackle against Dan Carter a year or two back?

Didn't wanna be the one to mention that, so thanks. ;)

At least that red card got scrapped from his record after it was found to be a totally incorrect call, and red cards are automatic citings. That was the ref being a total nutcase, and not the citing commission luckily.

G

galumay

1. You may get cited by the Citing bloke even if the act of foul play isn't deemed worthy of a red card.
2. If the act cited fails to meet the red card criteria in the Citing Bloke's view, then it is off to the Gunston Corp Wet Lettuce Leaf Thrash-o-matic.

I wouldnt be so sure of part 2.) of your reply, having been cited for " an alleged act of foul play contrary to law 10.4 (h) (charging into a ruck or maul without use of the arms or grasping the player)", i believe he could get anywhere from 2-10 weeks depending on severity and mitigation. It wil be a nervous couple of days for Hooper & the Wobblies I suspect.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Burgess gets a warning and no mention of Farrell? They'll say the latter was dealt with at the time no doubt

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
I wouldnt be so sure of part 2.) of your reply, having been cited for " an alleged act of foul play contrary to law 10.4 (h) (charging into a ruck or maul without use of the arms or grasping the player)", i believe he could get anywhere from 2-10 weeks depending on severity and mitigation. It wil be a nervous couple of days for Hooper & the Wobblies I suspect.
Yep. Second suspension in a couple of months means he won't get any reduction for good behaviour or for saying sorry and really meaning it. At least two weeks.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Burgess gets a warning and no mention of Farrell? They'll say the latter was dealt with at the time no doubt

I didn't mind the Farrell incident after seeing it again. He genuinely thought Giteau was getting the ball and would have belted him. Don't see much difference there to Douglas' late hit which was only a penalty, in some ways Douglas' shot may be worse as it was very late and Farrell had little time to pull out.

Burgess is very lucky as his hit was high and there was some carry-on once it got to ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.