• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
who knows what he will do with his finishers, if the game plan is to run them raggard then 5:3 would suit, if he is thinking of "a dock yard brawl" 6:2. i don't think he will attempt to play to England's strengths, so jam assuming 5:3

The English would have us believe that with their forwards dominating, our backs will never get the ball except when they kick it downtown to us. Therefore the only reason to replace our backs would be if they showed signs of muscle stiffness, and symptoms of pneumonia!!

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
who knows what he will do with his finishers, if the game plan is to run them raggard then 5:3 would suit, if he is thinking of "a dock yard brawl" 6:2. i don't think he will attempt to play to England's strengths, so jam assuming 5:3
Maybe Cheik can have his cake and eat it - a 6:2 bench and run Hooper at IC with McMahon at 7 and Pocock at 8. OK, so it won't happen but I'd love to see it for the opening 30 or so. Dominant defence and pilferers everywhere - the dodgers can run whoever they want down the 10/12 channel.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Is the game starting 5am Qld time??? All the guides say 6am, but isn't daylight saving starting this weekend?

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
The big question for this game is, who does Poite like the least? He's the one ref who lets his emotions get in the way the most that I've probably ever seen, and this may be where the game is won or lost.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
England: 15 Mike Brown, 14 Anthony Watson, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Brad Barritt, 11 Jonny May, 10 Owen Farrell, 9 Ben Youngs, 8 Ben Morgan, 7 Chris Robshaw (c), 6 Tom Wood, 5 Geoff Parling, 4 Joe Launchbury, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Tom Youngs, 1 Joe Marler
Replacements: 16 Rob Webber, 17 Mako Vunipola, 18 Kieran Brookes, 19 George Kruis, 20 Nick Easter, 21 Richard Wigglesworth, 22 George Ford, 23 Sam Burgess

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Amazing the number of morons on the front page article calling for Cheika to resign or be sacked if we lose.

Apparently Quade Cooper's 3 yellow cards in 4 games is a complete non-issue and anyone suggesting it is affecting his non-selection is "a pathetic stick for you to cling to".

Of course Cooper not getting selected is because Cheika only selects his favourites.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
McMahon on the bench instead of McCalman tells me that Cheika wants run the English ragged. The orcs are likely to want to punish us in the scrum, and will pick a pack accordingly. If the Wallabies run them off their feet, the orcs won't have the energy to compete in the scrum.

Edit: just saw the English side posted.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Lauchbury with Parling is a better lock combination than anything containing the Cudmore wannabee Lawes. I don't think Youngs is close to being properly fit and I am not sure Joseph's tit will stand up to a few tackles on Kurindrani. I just cannot see anything other than an Aussie win.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Amazing the number of morons on the front page article calling for Cheika to resign or be sacked if we lose.

Apparently Quade Cooper's 3 yellow cards in 4 games is a complete non-issue and anyone suggesting it is affecting his non-selection is "a pathetic stick for you to cling to".

Of course Cooper not getting selected is because Cheika only selects his favourites.

KWOINSLANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.