• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Final - New Zealand v South Africa 29/10/23, 0800 NZDT

Who wins & after how long?

• New Zealand

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • South Africa

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • 80 minutes

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Extra Time (2 x 10 minutes)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Sudden Death Extra Time (max. 10 minutes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penalty Kick Shootout (max. five kickers per team)

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Gonna repeat my plug for a 6-2 bench split. idk diddly squat about scrums but certainly looks to me as though there may be a case for reversing the props. i.e., having de Groot and Lomax on the bench.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Also hoping that, whoever the ref is, he immediately implements O'Keef's warning of penalising teams with loitering trainers, physios, water boys, professional shoe tiers etc...
Should probably be a pre-match warning at this stage, it was great to see O'Keefe say enough is enough this morning, but it should've happened much sooner in that game.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ yeah, Raynal's a hard "non" from me.

So do you guys, ... uhh, ... like Barnesy now? ;)

Funny that non-kiwis keep telling us how much we supposedly dislike him...

Funny, too, that no-one remembers the AR who had an even better view than Barnes of the forward pass I assume you're alluding to & did nothing.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Think Raynal might get it just to have a French rep in the final.

I have a horrible feeling you're probably right :(

Im going to pick a South Africa to win by 5 .I have predicted all the finals games correctly so far.

You know what they say, every time you get something right you're one step closer to getting something wrong...

AB by six in a game that will be labeled the Greatest RWC Final Ever.

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I wonder what the weather will be like during the week? Obviously a fast dry track will suit the Keewees.

If it's a slow track it is hard to look past the Bokke. They have a full bag of tricks.

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
The Ab's look like a better attacking team with their backline, the Japies probably have a better forward pack. Im looking at it like that