• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Final - New Zealand v South Africa 29/10/23, 0800 NZDT

Who wins & after how long?

• New Zealand

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • South Africa

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • 80 minutes

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Extra Time (2 x 10 minutes)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Sudden Death Extra Time (max. 10 minutes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penalty Kick Shootout (max. five kickers per team)

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I ethically can’t bring myself to support either….
I gotta side with NZ here. No gripe with the Bokke team - they are immense - but I cannot abide Rassie's bullshit over the past few years. Plus It will be funny to see Foster raise a middle digit to a few people if they win! Prob won't see the game as I will be in Vietnam next weekend.

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Aside the obvious issues with the allegations, it will be interesting (if the allegations are proven and he’s suspended) as SA only have 2 hookers in their squad.
Is it possible for a black person to be racist to a white person? Has anyone ever got in trouble for that before?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thanks Ireland and Argentina, you've forced me to go for the ABs in the final.

IMG_1192.GIF

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Barnes to ref. AR's not named yet, they're waiting to see if Jaco is fit enough (which suggests he's one of the two preferred AR's Edit: for the 3rd/4th playoff). Foley the likely TMO.

Last edited:

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Aside the obvious issues with the allegations, it will be interesting (if the allegations are proven and he’s suspended) as SA only have 2 hookers in their squad.
His the only hooker in the squad to be honest, and if true should be suspended. Doubt he will be though.

Supporting the All Blacks as well, think they will have learnt enough from Springbok videos this world cup and will get the job done.

It would be funny to see this game go to a shoot out, the Boks have 1 kicker in there 33 man squad. Let alone finishing a game with 5 capable players in a shoot out. Is the shoot out the old straight in front? or the European Cup format?

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Seeing comments on social media defending it saying he was speaking in Afrikaans and what it supposedly is just proved they are the worst fans.

On the ABs support train now.
The theory that he said "wit kant" - Afrikaans for "white side" - to alert his team that the ball had been turned over in the ruck is actually more than plausible to be completely fair.

After speaking with a couple of mates from SA, apparently c-bombs aren't even that commonly dropped.

Not defending him, just outlining that it is genuinely plausible that it's been lost in translation.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Penalty shootout explainer:

IMG_1201.JPG

You have to be on the field of play at the conclusion of sudden death extra time to take part in the shootout. Players who've gone off for ANY reason, including blood & HIA, CANNOT be one of the kickers.