• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: GEO v NZ (Millenium): Pool C

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ref: Gauzere
AR's: Gardner & Raynal
TMO: Veldsman again. If we get Ayoub v Tonga I may lose my shit........

EDIT: just checked & TMO v Tonga is Hughes.

OK so of our 31 only Messam & Naholo have yet to play so I guess they'll both start if fit & Foster has been quoted as saying we'll be putting our best 23 out from now on. Questions that raises for me are who's our starting & finishing props; who's our backup hooker; and are we gonna abandon the two-fullback strategy that's served us so well since circa 2009 & play Savea & Naholo together?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All Blacks: Ben Smith, Waisake Naholo, Conrad Smith, Sonny Bill Williams, Julian Savea, Dan Carter, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (c), Jerome Kaino, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Charlie Faumuina, Dane Coles, Wyatt Crockett. Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Tony Woodcock, Owen Franks, Victor Vito, Sam Cane, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, TJ Perenara, Malakai Fekitoa.

Nonu (shoulder), Barrett (neck), Slade (hamstring) & Messam (calf) not considered hence TJP is apparently our backup 10.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
You will get away with that playing georgia but you'd be in all sorts of shit if you tried that against a top tier team and carter had to go off!

Otherwise, looks like shag is stretching the legs of the best xv

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Barrett is sidelined with whiplash, and Slade with a hamstring strain. My understanding is that, were it a knockout math, then both would be considered for selection. However, as it's a match with a 99.999% probability of winning, there's no need to recklessly risk aggravating either ailment.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Delighted for Georgia to be playing the AB's. It'll be their first time unfortunately, but nevertheless it's a first and the feeling among the fans is one of real excitement. Keeping NZ to under 50 will be a win for them you'd have to think.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ to be fair, he did get injured after arrival in UK, it's not like they took him knowing he wouldn't be available for the early Pool matches..............

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
^^^^^^^^^ to be fair, he did get injured after arrival in UK, it's not like they took him knowing he wouldn't be available for the early Pool matches......

And there are players in every squad that know they're only there in case of injuries to be immediate cover(Paige and Steyn for us, for example).

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
All Blacks playing a bit like South Africa here.

errors-everywhere-meme.png

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
All to the right of the post. He needs a bucket on his left side.
If it was one of our kickers everyone would be saying we can't win the World Cup..

The bigger issue is the handling errors - 9 to Georgia's 1 after 35 minutes. I know they've had all the ball but that's some 'rust'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.