• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: GEO v NZ (Millenium): Pool C

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
it seems borderline deluded to me that the AB's coaching panel keep fronting up post-match and seem so nonplussed about it all, virtually blase. Completely calm, we got this one, no worries. Really? Guys? It sure as fuck dont look like a keeping-powder-dry scenario to every other prick in the world who's seen them go from 3 years of axe-murder to an abbreviated 2015 season of bumblefarts to Bumblefuck City Limits pop.23 as soon as the bloody RWC started

Sadly it's not very surprising. Back in 2009 Hansen was forwards coach, and seemingly didn't give much of a damn while Matfield and friends royally rogered his pack across three tests. Only back then we had Henry to take control and sort things out. This time round we have yes men in Foster and McLean (who has seemingly disappeared).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I can't believe you guys a panicing so bloody much, i know we haven't looked flash ,I'll worry if we don't improve for Tongan game!! FFS fellas, I haven't seen the many of the top teams look all that flash yet. Still if Aenas is convinced that we got no chance against Ireland or France I guess we shot;)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I really hope Richie isn't injured. That would be a bigger blow than de Villiers to the opposition.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Sadly it's not very surprising. Back in 2009 Hansen was forwards coach, and seemingly didn't give much of a damn while Matfield and friends royally rogered his pack across three tests. Only back then we had Henry to take control and sort things out. This time round we have yes men in Foster and McLean (who has seemingly disappeared).

Fuck that is some crap right there.

And his record sucks too - lol

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Yep Quick Hands, they get 60,000 to tests against Russia for rugby, hell i didn't know they had that many perople in Georgia:D

Georgia v Russia would be the eastern equivalent of Wales/Ireland/France v England. With added attraction that a Georgian win would be the most likely result.:)

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Irish B/C team beat the Georgia XV in Autumn by 40+ points. Italy beat the Irish XV two years ago. Georgia are a good team but they're simply not as good as Italy. They have got a pack that would match a lot of tier one teams but their backs are generally very poor, most are plying their trade in the French Pro D2 and the division below that.

Yes my point is not so much that Italy should be dropped from 6n but there are other teams not far behind them - and opportinites to bring that next tier along does take too long

Besides, Georgia would need to be hitting a lot higher than they are already to gain inclusion into the 6N. That is beating Scotland and Italy regularly and at least one of the top four nations. The reason being the amount of investment put into Italy by including them not just in the 6N but Euro and Pro 12 competitions. To boot Italy out now would signal a 20 year project going to utter waste.

Besides, come a match day in the 6N, which draws in the fans - Italy in the Spring sun or Tiblisi? Georgia are doing fantastic, but they need to be doing a lot more to make the heads of the Euro unions take notice.
Italy joining the six nations a decade and a bit ago and Argentina joining the Rugby Championship in 2012 - I wouldn't say nothing. But I agree that it takes way too long.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I agree we don't look good.

But I also think (hope?) we are hiding our game plan for the quarters. No point revealing it until then.

Aussie and England are going to expose their top game plan today (they have to).

The ABs have been playing the same basic game plan for a while now. It's getting a bit predictable. I am picking/hoping they have something up their sleeves for bigger games. We know they let slip one of their lineout moves in South Africa a while back. We have seen glimpses of Savea being used as an extra loose forward for pick and goes.

I am quite relaxed about things. So we only beat Georgia 7 tries to one. They were not too bad actually. We had Victor Vito on the wing for a good length of time for FFS. I have yet to see a Tier 1 nation completely dominate a "minnow". Look how much trouble Fiji has caused in their pool. If they had played a lot better than they have done, like they showed glimpses of, they could have caused at least one upset.

And if at the end of the day, we get booted out in the semis or final. No sleep will be lost (depending on the manner of losing, of course).

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
gordogwig_zps2vkyvuwu.jpg

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Cutting riposte.

I thought it was obvious you were talking shit.

Let me spell it out for you. Hansen is a superb coach.
Look at his win/loss ratio since taking over. Better than Graham Henry's. Better than almost everyone.
As for your comment about him not giving a shit when we lost to the Boks in 2009, how the hell would you know????
You are talking shit mate.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Let me spell it out for you. Hansen is a superb coach.
Look at his win/loss ratio since taking over. Better than Graham Henry's. Better than almost everyone.

Citing his record immediately raises the question over whether the record is more the result of A) his own coaching abilities; or B) his inheriting a RWC winning team and playing opponents who were generally undergoing post-RWC upheavals. I personally lean towards the latter.

As for your comment about him not giving a shit when we lost to the Boks in 2009, how the hell would you know????

Based on both his dismissive comments/demeanour at the time and -- more importantly -- his doing nothing about it.

Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see how things progress over the next few weeks.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
hell zer0, the team he coached after the 2011 world cup was one he helped build, But that argument gets stuffed anyway when you look at how many players he has brought in that weren,t in the WC. I tend to agree with franklind, I think he a bloody good coach, and as for him not caring about losing in 09, did you ever see Henry get himself all worked up after a loss? No same as Cheika or any other good coach, they know you don't win everything ,so you don't slit your wrists when you do lose.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
This time round we have yes men in Foster and McLean (who has seemingly disappeared).

Surely you know that Aussie McLean is no longer coaching and is video anylis for ABs zer0? Wayne Smith took over as defence coach!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Yep Quick Hands, they get 60,000 to tests against Russia for rugby, hell i didn't know they had that many perople in Georgia:D

Rugby is popular in Georgia as it has similarities with a traditional Georgian game called Lelo.

Status
Not open for further replies.