• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Oct 15 2023 1/8 Final Ire vs NZ.

Ire vs NZ

• Go Ireland

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Go NZ

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Go the TMO

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Go f**** yourself

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Go home, RWC finished last week

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • this pole started nicely enough then took on a bit of a negative turn

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah never said anything about his play or how that will be remembered.

Just don’t like him from a fans point of view that will never effect his life in the slightest.

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Yeah never said anything about his play or how that will be remembered.

Just don’t like him from a fans point of view that will never effect his life in the slightest.
He does seem to have carried an arrogant side to him, I’m not a big fan either
Even Leichester fans get annoyed saying he only plays test rugby or comes back at end of season for club rugby for important games, gets looked after more then others

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
thought that the irish looked on the back foot from early on, like they werent expecting the kiwis to go 20+ phases in the first 20 mins to out oirish the oirish.

Sexton was standing still for a lot of distribution in the game? maybe just my perception?

it sucks to have been pumped by the ab's for so many years, but that performance against a dominant #1 team was as comprehensive a victory that wasnt a blow out that i can remember. might have to back them all the way after that cracker of a game.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
the only reason you dont back the ABs from here is that they may have blown their load. Fortunately they have a nice easy game up next.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
All the 50-50s went the Irish way, 2 yellows against NZ.
This is BS, Barnes was no where near in favor of Ireland. Smith yellow was soft, but that was the TMO making up for the RM tackle he said was fine.

As for the yellow and penalty try, I can't believe any rugby fans is really calling that a bad decision.

Barnes was awful at the scrum, Ireland penalized twice when going forward and dominating.

He also calls nothing at the break down, Ireland would have been happier with a more whistle happy ref.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
thought that the irish looked on the back foot from early on, like they werent expecting the kiwis to go 20+ phases in the first 20 mins to out oirish the oirish.

Sexton was standing still for a lot of distribution in the game? maybe just my perception?

it sucks to have been pumped by the ab's for so many years, but that performance against a dominant #1 team was as comprehensive a victory that wasnt a blow out that i can remember. might have to back them all the way after that cracker of a game.
Not just your perception. It was like a game too far for him, increasingly irrelevant the further the game went. Shuffling the ball sideways, the chip over the top was desperate and a bit sad.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
This is BS, Barnes was no where near in favor of Ireland. Smith yellow was soft, but that was the TMO making up for the RM tackle he said was fine.

As for the yellow and penalty try, I can't believe any rugby fans is really calling that a bad decision.

Barnes was awful at the scrum, Ireland penalized twice when going forward and dominating.

He also calls nothing at the break down, Ireland would have been happier with a more whistle happy ref.
Forward but not straight. Porter left his compass at home.

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)

I think you'll find Porter was awful at the scrum, some of the most obvious boring in I've seen. As for him keeping the whistle away, thank fuck he does, one of the only refs who is in tune to the style of play that makes for a great game.

Would you prefer to see Raynal or Andrew Brace blow a shitton of ticky-tack penalties which are impossible to enforce with any consistency?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think you'll find Porter was awful at the scrum, some of the most obvious boring in I've seen. As for him keeping the whistle away, thank fuck he does, one of the only refs who is in tune to the style of play that makes for a great game.

Would you prefer to see Raynal or Andrew Brace blow a shitton of ticky-tack penalties which are impossible to enforce with any consistency?
Agree on Porter, he ended up nearly sideways in those scrums and thought he was dominating.