• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Oct 15 2023 1/8 Final Ire vs NZ.

Ire vs NZ

• Go Ireland

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Go NZ

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Go the TMO

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Go f**** yourself

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Go home, RWC finished last week

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • this pole started nicely enough then took on a bit of a negative turn

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Reserves: Dane Coles, ... Finlay Christie

ec057cc4b798e9a20970988615d82bab.gif

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Ireland by less than 7 but leading by two scores until the very end when New Zealand scores a consolation try

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
So, what do we whitefellas do who've arrived in SAf/Aus/NZ over the last few hundred years? The history of mankind is one of perpetual movement around the globe ever since we could stand up and walk. Indigenous people born in Tierra del Fuego are direct descendants from those who trekked over the then-connected Bering Strait tens of thousands ago.

I often, mischievously, ask for a Welcome to Country from our Pommy friends. There've been migrations/invasions from Angles, Jutes, Saxons, Picts, Celts, Romans, Vikings and Normans in the last 20,000 years; HTF does one cobble together a WtC from that lot? The history of mankind on this globe is one of perpetual movement, which is why we should always be receptive to new visitors. Those who say one bit of dirt belongs to their lot over others because it was given to some ancestor thousands of years ago aren't being realistic, or, if I'm being brutal, honest. For example, look at the current shitfight in the Middle East: both Jews and Palestinians both have equally valid claims over lands in Israel. I think I'd better stop here before things go apeshit.

Rugby players are no different to wandering Neanderthals, they go to where they think things might be better. Point: how many SAf/Aus/NZ test players are sons of British and Irish parents? I rest my case.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If I were still a degenerate gambler I'd be throwing some dosh at the "Draw at half and/ or full time (80 minutes)" option.

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
This is Irelands best chance to make SF and potentially win the RWC - who wins out of this and SA and France you would think will be in the final
ABs will be desperate though with 10 of their squad playing their last year of tests they won’t want to loose in a QF
If ABs forward aim up like they did in the rugby champs I think they have the better backline

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
lmao Ardie with a clearing box kick on his own line with an Irish player hanging off him. Slot him in at halfback for the final quarter.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
All Blacks leading 13-0. All Blacks winning the breakdown. Great try, Beauden Barrett with the kick, brilliant.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Ireland's line out having all sorts of issues. 50-22 from the All Blacks, leads to Ardie Savea scoring in the corner.

The All Blacks are looking great at the moment.