• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool C - Australia v Wales - 5AM 25 Sep AEST

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
This is the worst coaching performance I think I've seen in any sport, ever. Eddie managed to take a competitive team and make them look like they've never played the sport. Great players like Kellaway, Koriobete, White were made to look horrible. He took all of the team's strengths and neutered them. He picked coaches that made no sense and wasn't able to have his team do the basics of the sport. He gutted the team of 10 or so players that have actually played test footy.

The gameplan was moronic. One off runners over and over, when the best running team currently does not do this. Plays a box kick style with a 9 that's not great at box kicking. Picks players with zero experience at key positions. Plays other key players out of position.

Basically every single idea Eddie had for this team has been the opposite of what should have been done.

He needs to resign immediately as does whomever fired Rennie and hired Eddie.

Disgraceful.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Screen Shot 2023-09-25 at 7.09.05 am.png

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Eddie said he picked a lot of young fellas that weren't used to losing? We I think they have learnt. I really feel for these young fellas, and for the genuine rugby people in Aus. Some things are coming home to roost that I believe is making things worse, and won't get better without some changes at board level and all the ways down.
And also Wales seem a team of not a lot of stars, but with agood gameplan and well coached what they will do.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Eddie Jones deserves to be hauled over the coals

But anyone thinking getting rid of him will make us good is dreaming. Our entire system was a broken, and players atrocious
I don't think the Coach is the issue - Rennie, Deans, Cheika, McKenzie all failed, If we switch to someone else whose to say they'll have a sudden remarkable turnaround

Eddie's won 3 6 nations, made 2 WC finals, a Super Rugby title, led Japan to the biggest upset in rugby history and has the highest win rate ever as England coach

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Eddie said he picked a lot of young fellas that weren't used to losing? We I think they have learnt. I really feel for these young fellas, and for the genuine rugby people in Aus. Some things are coming home to roost that I believe is making things worse, and won't get better without some changes at board level and all the ways down.
And also Wales seem a team of not a lot of stars, but with agood gameplan and well coached what they will do.
Ditching NZ would be a decent start lol

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
It is when the teams played like one that had given up.

Wouldn’t help to hear about your coach courting other jobs. You have assistants that are casuals.

“Rylesy I’m keen to keep working on my shape into next season”

“Sorry mate. I’ll be drinking CDs and dining at Lygon St with Bellyache, good luck though!”

The assistants have zero accountability for long term growth of this young team.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I don't think the Coach is the issue - Rennie, Deans, Cheika, McKenzie all failed, If we switch to someone else whose to say they'll have a sudden remarkable turnaround

Eddie's won 3 6 nations, made 2 WC finals, a Super Rugby title, led Japan to the biggest upset in rugby history and has the highest win rate ever as England coach
No one is saying it’s all his fault

But he has to be accountable for that crap