• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: Pool C - Wallabies v Fiji - Monday 18 Sep 2am AEST

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
'Cry me a river'.
The whinging that posters are putting in overtime, anyone would think we lost by 50+ points, not just 7.
We need to get over this game and move on to the next.

Reactions: dru

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
Very easy for McReight to not get penalised when he’s late to every ruck.
Fans need to chill-out.
Can we just come to the reality that we do NOT have the talent on the park - as confirmed by the SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) (Super Rugby Pacific) results.
More than happy for Eddie to be blooding players for 2027
Need to rebuild from the grass roots w/out the senseless NSW focus.
As per usual I’m really excited about the prospects for the Tahs next year!
Oh dear, not again

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I do have to ask, has the press wised up or got over Eddie? He even tried to get a reporter to attack him it seems when he said
“Owen, you don’t want a bit of a dig mate, it’s always good to kick a dead body mate”.
One of Eddie's seemingly strengths is going, when even the press are over him!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I do have to ask, has the press wised up or got over Eddie? He even tried to get a reporter to attack him it seems when he said
“Owen, you don’t want a bit of a dig mate, it’s always good to kick a dead body mate”.
One of Eddie's seemingly strengths is going, when even the press are over him!
I have no idea what any of this means, your point or the quotes or contexts.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I have no idea what any of this means, your point or the quotes or contexts.
Sorry mate, what I meant has the press got to the point with Eddie that they have decided he is looking at them to give him ammo to create headlines. You know the hullabaloo at airport when team left etc? One of Eddies great strentghs is to find a way to kick up a storm at press conferences, and I almost get the idea the press didn't attcck the result enough for Eddie, so he was trying to bait them?
I can't think of another reason for Eddie to want a reporter to have a go at him.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Owen, as in Owen Slot the English journo? Maybe you haven’t been watching the English journos reaction to every Wallabies/Eddie bit this year

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
To be honest, Pfitzy, I'm starting to think this is all your fault. Why haven't you properly aligned the various competing stakeholders at all levels in Australian rugby yet.

Look, not my best work I'll admit. But if I can't use physical threats, what is the point? You've got to enjoy your work.

Also, I don't believe I've seen you putting in flawless reffing performances either.

Also true, but I got nothing but positive feedback from the 1 game I whistled this year ;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Owen, as in Owen Slot the English journo? Maybe you haven’t been watching the English journos reaction to every Wallabies/Eddie bit this year
But he's actually asking him to do it qwerty, Eddie never used to have that problem.

2 + 2

Allen Oxlade (6)
I read with interest on Linkdin that Joe Roff presented the jerseys to the team before our Fiji game. He also said that the team agreed that the Wallabies with a Fijian background would be more than welcome to sing both the Fijian and Australian anthems. I might be reading too much into this but i believe that our players with the Fijian heritage would have found it very hard to play against their heritage. Would they have been 100% Wallaby focused on this game. I liken it to the league players who play for the Blues but want to represent Samoa - they never seem to perform for NSW like they do for their club. Are we too reliant on players from the Island nations? As i said i may be completely off the mark but just found it interesting.

2 + 2

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes but it goes both ways Something they attend the “right school” and get overlooked there … big problem is there isn’t a solid club program / juniors program that allows more kids more opportunities.. one good thing the NRL does.

there’s a argument to make the likes of Farr Jones and kearns might not have made the wallabies in this current “academy/pathway” era …

Lots of kids are late bloomers and Australian
rugby does not cater to them .
Too
Kearns would still be sitting in 2nd grade in todays era.

2 + 2

Allen Oxlade (6)
Our kicking was once again woeful. Petaia and White kicking it away while hot on attack Gordon and Donaldson kicking aimlessly. Donaldson kicking the pill away with less than a minute to go when we needed a 7 pointer.
Kicking is fine as long as it is well directed and timed.
the endless kicking cooked us, however at no stage did they ever look like threating the fijian defensive line. I reckon if they had of tried to run we would have given away a turnover and Fiji would have scored, rendering us completely f**** as it would have taken away our bonus point.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I read with interest on Linkdin that Joe Roff presented the jerseys to the team before our Fiji game. He also said that the team agreed that the Wallabies with a Fijian background would be more than welcome to sing both the Fijian and Australian anthems. I might be reading too much into this but i believe that our players with the Fijian heritage would have found it very hard to play against their heritage. Would they have been 100% Wallaby focused on this game. I liken it to the league players who play for the Blues but want to represent Samoa - they never seem to perform for NSW like they do for their club. Are we too reliant on players from the Island nations? As i said i may be completely off the mark but just found it interesting.

I think you're completely off the mark.

Kearns would still be sitting in 2nd grade in todays era.

This is such rubbish. Why do people think this? He wasn't a late bloomer. He might have played 2nd XV at Newington but he played two years of Australian under 21s. He was identified as a talented young player then and we are absolutely good at identifying talented young players now.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think you're completely off the mark.

This is such rubbish. Why do people think this? He wasn't a late bloomer. He might have played 2nd XV at Newington but he played two years of Australian under 21s. He was identified as a talented young player then and we are absolutely good at identifying talented young players now.
Doesn't fit the story we want to tell..

Reactions: dru