• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: Pool C - Wallabies v Fiji - Monday 18 Sep 2am AEST

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
So we are all just going to ignore the blatant shoulder charge on Koroibete?
That was fucking disgusting. After that performance you are left questioning Brace’s integrity as a man. He warned them twice for high shots. Warned Tuisova twice. Less than 90 seconds after he lets Tuisova get away with a clear swinging arm. Then lets the shoulder charge go.

It should have been 13 v 15

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
That was fucking disgusting. After that performance you are left questioning Brace’s integrity as a man. He warned them twice for high shots. Warned Tuisova twice. Less than 90 seconds after he lets Tuisova get away with a clear swinging arm. Then lets the shoulder charge go.

It should have been 13 v 15
And the same people screaming from the rooftops after Fiji Wales won’t say a word this time

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Stats (some are not entirely expected:

Possession Aus 43%/55% (1st half/second half)
Territory Aus 53%/57%
Kicks from hand Aus 29; F 24
Rucks won Aus 88%; F 96%
Turnover conceded Aus 13; F 14
Tackles Aus 79% 110; F 140n 86%
Tries Aus 2; F 1
penalties: 18 - &

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
All a square up for the poor refereeing last week. Why do Aus always cop that type of stuff?
That’s absolutely pathetic, but unfortunately spot on. As soon as all the islanders and PC brigade started insinuating that Fiji were dealt with unfairly last week you knew they were going to get favoured.

Every single time they went off their feet at the brake down

They send the White high shot up stairs for a review and let the shot on Marika go.

The tackler was never legal. There was no attempt to dip, Marika didn’t lower his height into contact either, direct shoulder to head and with no attempt to wrap either arm. He should have been red carded and should be facing a 6 week ban

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Well well well
Where are all the Eddie lovers now?
1 from 7 with the only win v Georgia
The wallabies have gone backwards
Experience does mean something maybe Eddie should have thought about it before he dropped half the team and all the older guys?
if Eddie doesn’t make it last the pool stage he won’t be here after this year - will be one of the shortest coaching stints in Aus rugby

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
Well well well
Experience does mean something maybe Eddie should have thought about it before he dropped half the team and all the older guys?
if Eddie doesn’t make it last the pool stage he won’t be here after this year - will be one of the shortest coaching stints in Aus rugby
It's been an unmitigated disaster so far and it is hard to fathom how it could have gone worse actually. I guess they could have lost to Georgia.

If you said we are going to replace Dave Rennie with Eddie Jones with the caveat that the team loses its next 7 games against Tier1 opponents, who takes that?

That decision is over and done with, but you wonder if keeping Eddie past this RWC is even worth it at this point? Mind you he probably has a guaranteed contract that pays him oodles so that isn't even an option.

The Wallabies are also playing exactly like England were at the end of Jones' tenure there. So it doesn't even seem like they are building to something better. This is how he wants to play and thinks they can win.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Well well well
Proud original member of we never should’ve sacked rennie club.
That’s a first xv loss to Fiji at the World Cup vs a second xv loss to Italy in a meaningless game
I know what I’d take

Moneyinc

Bob McCowan (2)
Horrible.

First 3-4 times we got in the Fiji 22m area we put in kicks and turned it over. They were also better than us over the ball.

Even a win vs Wales and we probably go out.

Moneyinc

Bob McCowan (2)
Two things stand out:
1 we kicked it away too many times uselessly - kicked it dead twice
2 breakdown was shite either we didn't get numbers in attack and let ref call holding on within nano seconds, or basically let them have it when we were defending

This.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
hard to see us achieving a bonus point win re wales after that.
We will need to bring the house down.
Kellaway needs to be a part of things some way.
suli was the only guy who looked pissed and fired up in fairness to him and I thought he took the contact in lead up to his try very well but we need kellaway and we need Donaldson kicking.

I think we will get bounced out. Wales with gatland is always tight for us

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Proud original member of we never should’ve sacked rennie club.
That’s a first xv loss to Fiji at the World Cup vs a second xv loss to Italy in a meaningless game
I know what I’d take
Eddie is delusional
I loved how sbw took a sneaky dig at Eddie and gorden selection with no Quade
- Box kicking again inside the opposition 30 we had several kicks that went dead and waisted possesion
- white is to slow
- I said several times before RWC we needed 3 guys who could play 10 and at least one experienced guy
- gorden was shithouse - he will be dropped next week
- why play an inside centre and wing only on the bench as cover ? Suli and Donaldson couldn’t even keep a spot in their 23 man super squads
- why take Kerevi off at the crunch time?
- why is petaia kicking? Just run it mate

damm we could really use hooper, Samu, Quade, foley, or anyone right now