• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: Pool C - Wallabies v Georgia, SdF Sunday 10th September 2am

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Surely not. Kellaway is just getting into the groove at fullback, same for Petaia. Let them string a few games together please before fucking with the team. Jorgensen at fullback with two players out of position sounds like an absolute chance for a boilover against Georgia.

I could see it tested at the backend of the game if we play the 6/2, Jorgensen comes off the bench for Foteki ......................................... they slot in as as above

But I would think Donaldson is more likely for the bench spot in a 6/2 and they do the same

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Not sure if surrounding Gordon with inexperience is a good move and we will look very thin on the bench.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'd go 5/3 bench with White Jorgenson and Donaldson as reserves..... That gives us cover and chance to get Jorgenson into a game and see if he is the second coming of christ.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I hear Lenny Ikitau is back in contact training down at Canberra. I would be looking at drafting him back in very soon to sure up our midfield. He may be “too senior” for Jones but is one of our few world class players.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I hear Lenny Ikitau is back in contact training down at Canberra. I would be looking at drafting him back in very soon to sure up our midfield. He may be “too senior” for Jones but is one of our few world class players.

I can't imagine Jones would consider him "too senior" when he's only 24 and debuted two years ago...

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Foketi is the reserve 12, we start him there and leave everything else the same. Jorgensen is the reserve fullback. Agree with FP though that it could happen in the back end of this game.

rugbyAU

Arch Winning (36)
Anyone else feeling like Georgia are being hyped up to much (as in they’re a chance of an upset), they may have beaten a very poor Welsh side last year but so did we at the end of a long tour missing 25-30 players, they also got thrashed by Scotland and we beat them by 20 at the last WC despite playing very poorly. Reality is with a near full strength team we should be able to beat them by 20+

rugbyAU

Arch Winning (36)
I get the sense from media and press conferences this week, if he’s fit we might see Max Jorgensen debut at #23 this weekend (and I believe he’s still the only uncapped player in the squad)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I can't imagine how he'd be any more or less "Dave Rennie" than anyone else who debuted in recent years...
I only say that as Eddie has said he scrapped the old team.. I find it strange that he wasn't taken even injured in the first place so he was with the squad and in the meetings etc etc. Only other reason I see is he is an OC and doesn't cover much else...

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get brought in and if he does his still backup to Petiea

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I only say that as Eddie has said he scrapped the old team.. I find it strange that he wasn't taken even injured in the first place so he was with the squad and in the meetings etc etc. Only other reason I see is he is an OC and doesn't cover much else...

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get brought in and if he does his still backup to Petiea

After the squad was announced Eddie stated Ikitau was close to selection but they had to weigh up which injured players they could carry into the start of the tournament, which is understandable when you've got decent players who can slot into outside centre and we're light on other areas in the squad.

I doubt Eddie thought any less of Ikitau after his brief performance against Argentina.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Would've been one hell of a gamble to name a squad with only 2 fit centres for the first game of the world cup.