• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D: Wallabies v Fiji, Sat 21st September, 2.45pm AEST, Sapporo Dome

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Reckon Hodge will get three weeks for that one. Don't think it was malicious. Had no time to position himself. It'll only matter versus Wales and DHP looked red hot off the bench......

tragic

John Solomon (38)
I think Hodge is ok. Right arm definitely wrapped at the point of head contact. 25:04

DADC9DC3-87B1-4284-8E08-6D9D310223CA.jpeg

tragic

John Solomon (38)
I think "contact with head" will be the issue.

We’ll see how the citing lottery works I guess. Yato did a Fijian sidestep and in the process of trying to use his chest as a battering ram ploughed his head into Hodges shoulder. Hodge was basically a speed bump and they both came down in the collision. He will be pretty unlucky to see a lot of time on the sideline for that.

EagleTown

Stan Wickham (3)
We’ll see how the citing lottery works I guess. Yato did a Fijian sidestep and in the process of trying to use his chest as a battering ram ploughed his head into Hodges shoulder. Hodge was basically a speed bump and they both came down in the collision. He will be pretty unlucky to see a lot of time on the sideline for that.

How dare Yato headbutt Hodge’s shoulder. What an outrage!!

Re: Rodda. How many lineouts did he win?

Topping the tackle count isn’t saying much when they have 80% possession.
I didn’t see him carrying early on when the Fijians were on fire at the start.

Spruce Moose

Fred Wood (13)
Think might see Genia and CLL starting against wales with Foley on bench. Then think Hodge will get some weeks off unless the citing commission decide not to throw the ref under the bus (could and does happen when not cited during the games). Guess it will be DHP in for Hodge?

As for someone to replaces Hodges tactical kicking for touch, how is JOC (James O'Connor) these days? Used to be pretty handy by foot before moving to Europe.

Very lucky to get a win there, a red card to Hodge (which probably should have happened basing on Scott Barrett) would have probably changed the result.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Think might see Genia and CLL starting against wales with Foley on bench. Then think Hodge will get some weeks off unless the citing commission decide not to throw the ref under the bus (could and does happen when not cited during the games). Guess it will be DHP in for Hodge?

As for someone to replaces Hodges tactical kicking for touch, how is JOC (James O'Connor) these days? Used to be pretty handy by foot before moving to Europe.

Very lucky to get a win there, a red card to Hodge (which probably should have happened basing on Scott Barrett) would have probably changed the result.

To'omua has been solid from the bench, so I hope Foley continues to ride the pine.

White would be the next biggest kicker although accuracy an issue, and Genia might start. Beale, JOC (James O'Connor), CLL, DHP (if starts) all other options but nothing huge.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I am struggling to find a good angle of the alleged Hodge ‘high and no arms’ hit. I’ll replay the game tomorrow but at this stage all I’m seeing is a bunch of northern hemisphere media saying we we lucky to win and/or finish the game with 15 players, with some miscellaneous screenshots that prove nothing.

I think Hodge is ok. Right arm definitely wrapped at the point of head contact. 25:04

View attachment 11044
For mine tragic’s pic above is more conclusive than anything I’ve seen so far.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
To'omua has been solid from the bench, so I hope Foley continues to ride the pine.

White would be the next biggest kicker although accuracy an issue, and Genia might start. Beale, JOC (James O'Connor), CLL, DHP (if starts) all other options but nothing huge.
The half time footage from the sheds of Matt picking his nose and rolling it into a ball with his fingers did it for me. He’s not our man. At least he didn’t eat it I guess.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
The half time footage from the sheds of Matt picking his nose and rolling it into a ball with his fingers did it for me. He’s not our man. At least he didn’t eat it I guess.

haha... out of all the footage in the stadium and players the camera man decides to capture that

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Agree. To'omua has looked good every time he comes on. Leali'ifano (and Foley) both tend to take a fair bit of punishment when they tackle being, well, smaller. Lilo also getting smashed on attack as well. We need to protect him a bit better.
I hope they don't change both 9 and 10 - I'd say start Genia and keep Lilo for now; To'omua on bench - he really adds value. Goal-kicking does remain an issue though. From all.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
White needs to start to play the game and not just stop and wait for a whistle that might not come.

Pretty ordinary performance by the Wallabies tbh - clearly haven't been training with a football in their hands over the last couple of weeks. Either that or Cheika has cooked them and they are fatigued. I don't know.

The officials allowing the slowdowns in play is disgraceful.

*edit* - oh and the referee also needs to work on his positioning. I don't know if he was a player in a past life, but he was in the receiver position several times and sealed the play off.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
White was dreadful today and spent more time remonstrating with other people than concentrating on his footy. Genia was really switched on from the moment he went out there and probably won us the game.

Still, a win in the bank and with a bonus point against very good opposition. I did think the refereeing of the breakdown was terrible and we'll need to adjust if that happens again. More accurate clean out and not getting isolated will help.

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
Just an aesthetic thing, the Wallabies gold socks look tacky. The Green a much better look. I expect Foley and Genia to start next game, and think thats the best combo.