• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D - Wallabies v Georgia, Friday 11th October, 9.15pm ADST

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
This illusion that Georgia have one of the best scrums in the world needs to stop. I’d be disappointed had the wallabies not won a fair amount of their ball or got some penalties, I think we have top 3 scrum at the RWC this year

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
This is a bloody long game. I mean, you can’t get annoyed at the stretcher coming on but we’ve had so many bloody stoppages.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think it’s pretty clear that the brief is to get through this with as little energy burn as possible

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
He wasn't saying Dempsey caused the knock on!! :confused::D

Only that that we could have dragged the backrow further away from the lineout so that their would be more space on the inside for the ball carry.

The knock on is purely and simply Jordan's error.

Incidentally, If the ball was thrown to a 6th man in the lineout then it would have taken the Georgian back row out of that phase of play completely...

Reactions: dru

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
On Ch10 it was MT not going wide enough to open space for JP. Like the kid heaps, but let's drop the excuse. Drop ball. Playing great though.

Yeah, if he didn't get the ball, sure, but he did, and it slipped out in the tackle. Not the first one that has tonight. Hard to really say it was someone's fault. Tad optimistic to make a play like that go off without a hitch when they're struggling with simple catch and pass.

Reactions: dru

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Genia on. This is the setup I like better. Watch To'omua take control here now Genia makes more of the play from 9.

White/CLL to start, then Genia/To'omua on later for next week

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Kerevi’s passing game may be lacking but the last 3 times he has got the ball he has drawn multiple defenders, made good post contact metres and delivered quick ball.

Unfortunately on two of those occasions we’ve turned it over next phase.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Genia on. This is the setup I like better. Watch To'omua take control here now Genia makes more of the play from 9.

/CLL to start, then Genia/To'omua on later for next week

Genia already stepping before passing, and why did he hold it for a second before passing off the line-out... it's like he needs to wind up before passing....

Still plenty of game to go though so hopefully he's still settleing into the game

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Genia already stepping before passing, and why did he hold it for a second before passing off the line-out. it's like he needs to wind up before passing..

Still plenty of game to go though so hopefully he's still settleing into the game
Come on, both White and Genia step out to attract the first defender. It’s what happens when you play off the 9.