• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D - Wallabies vs Uruguay -Saturday October 5 2019 @ 2:15pm

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I was skeptical of the decision to leave FF (Folau Fainga'a) out but can see why now.

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Coleman also damaging their chances of a starting spot.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was suprisingly nimble on the wing. Dempsey grew into the match. Thought Lilo and To'omua were good in the play making department.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ yeah, those WASTE high tackles can be really shitty at times :)

Any mitigating/ aggravating factors in LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)'s card?

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
All this talks about still settling on halves conversation is wishful thinking. We have one game left in pools and then a knock out quarterfinal. I think Cheika knows exactly who he will be playing and it will be Foley v England and for no other reason than Cheika hates admitting he is wrong.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Coleman also damaging their chances of a starting spot.
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) ran too upright and for such a big bloke it was not a great look getting shunted backwards against Uruguay.

neither Kerevi or Kuridrani really seem like centres. TK might be more of a winger and Kerevi seems more of a 2nd 5 to me

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Well overall a pretty underwhelming performance. You expect more against a teir 2 opposition, and from players supposedly pushing for starting spots.
Yes, however when the other tier 1s put in a rusty performance against the minnows with their B team, it’s kudos to the minnow.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
TK awarded Motm

Well I just do not see how he fits in top 23...yes others see it after today’s performance. No I am not anti TK as bloody good rugby player but with oz team balance just not still sure how fits in match day 23. And suspect he is more destined for top quality super rugby player from here then wallaby player. Would be more than happy for him to prove me wrong btw

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
So-so effort from the Wallabies.

Improvement needed:
  • fer Chrissake, get those tackles right!
  • AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), love yer work over the years, but it's time for the pipe and slippers. Blew up and buggered after one run early in the second half and, sadly, too slow for rugby at this level.
  • rucks and ball security at the breakdown need polishing up; if that performance is repeated the majors will have a field day.
  • who's our best 10? Fucked if I know. Is the field Foley, To'omua, Leali'ifano, Beale, JOC (James O'Connor) and Hodge? Far too many choices, pick one, Cheika, and stick with him.
Good points:
  • scrum went well, as it it should've with an 80kg weight advantage. That's one more player in the pack, albeit a small one.
  • good performances from Tupou, Coleman, Dempsey, Kuridrani, DHP and Beale.
  • delighted Slipper scored a test try, finally. Now for 7As (Allan Ala'alatoa).
  • nice debut from Petaia, need to see more if he's the real deal.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So-so effort from the Wallabies.

Improvement needed;
  • fer Chrissake, get those tackles right!
  • AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), love yer work over the years, but it's time for the pipe and slippers. Blew up and buggered after one run early in the second half and, sadly, too slow for rugby at this level.
  • rucks and ball security at the breakdown need polishing up; if that performance is repeated the majors will have a field day.
  • who's our best 10? Fucked if I know. Is the field Foley, To'omua, Leali'ifano, Beale, JOC (James O'Connor) and Hodge? Far too many choices, pick one, Cheika, and stick with him.
Good points:
  • scrum went well, as it it should've with an 80kg weight advantage. That's one more player in the pack, albeit a small one.
  • good performances from Tupou, Coleman, Dempsey, Kuridrani, DHP and Beale.
  • delighted Slipper scored a test try, finally. Now for 7As (Allan Ala'alatoa).
  • nice debut from Petaia, need to see more if he's the real deal.
Petaia showed enough today to start on wing with another trial run against Georgia

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) showed to me deserved spot behind many - but probably not petaia and hodge...but not far off

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Petaia showed enough today to start on wing with another trial run against Georgia

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) showed to me deserved spot behind many - but probably not petaia and hodge.but not far off
Id probably take AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) over Hodge tbh.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
TK awarded Motm

Well I just do not see how he fits in top 23.yes others see it after today’s performance. No I am not anti TK as bloody good rugby player but with oz team balance just not still sure how fits in match day 23. And suspect he is more destined for top quality super rugby player from here then wallaby player. Would be more than happy for him to prove me wrong btw

He's easily the best 13 in the squad, but he doesn't work in a partnership with Kerevi, who dies with the ball too often.........

So we need at least one player in the centres with the ability to pass...

Controversially, I would suggest that Kerevi's place in the team shouldn't be guaranteed as for every good ball carry he displays he's spoiled numerous other opportunities in failing to pass, and his defence isn't as strong.