• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 2 NZ v FRA (Millenium Stadium) 18th Oct 0600 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Referee: Nigel Owens (Wales)
Assistant referees: Jaco Peyper (South Africa), John Lacey (Ireland)
TMO: Shaun Veldsman (South Africa)

Reactions: BDA

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Squeaky bum time in NZ!?!?! Allez les Bleus!!

Actually I think this is a great match up for NZ, though no doubt i'll change my mind closing to game time. It will require hansen etc to do nothing motivation wise this week. Everyone in that NZ squad will be ready to go.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
If it turned into a scrum fest that would help France but under the roof that won't happen. Can't see anything other than a NZ win.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Squeaky bum time in NZ!?!?! Allez les Bleus!!

There's enough guys in & around the AB setup who were there "that day" to ensure we don't fall into the "who've we got in the SF?" trap again. Plus now our 5/8's practice kicking drop goals :).

France currently at ridiculous odds (~$5) on our TAB but that'll change later in the week: AB by 7ish.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
There's enough guys in & around the AB setup who were there "that day" to ensure we don't fall into the "who've we got in the SF?" trap again. Plus now our 5/8's practice kicking drop goals :).

France currently at ridiculous odds (~$5) on our TAB but that'll change later in the week: AB by 7ish.

Yeah that stupid 12 and under line $5.50 would be about the best possible bet if you realistically think Fra will win and / or want to take an emotional hedge.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Old Man Kenobi said:
I felt a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror.....

Would be a pretty apt description.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ideally we'd want Owens but so would everyone. I'd be OK with Barnes, Peyper or Joubert (or pretty much anyone but Clancy or Poite :)) as long as we don't get George Oh-I-boobed as TMO.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Who do we think the top 4 referees are that are likely to get quarter finals?

Owens, Joubert, Peyper and Barnes or Poite seem most likely to me.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Who do we think the top 4 referees are that are likely to get quarter finals?

Owens, Joubert, Peyper and Barnes or Poite seem most likely to me.

Barnes is the only neutral ref available this weekend, but Peyper, Owens and Joubert can't do the Springboks Wales game, and obviously Poite is out too for our game.

I'm picking the Barnes won't be doing the ABs, even though I would be quite happy with him. He is not the ref he was in 2007. I'm thinking Peyper. We have had enough games with Joubert and Owens. Though maybe if they regard the NZ game as the main event we will get Owens.

My picks. Wonder if TAB has odds on it.

Barnes - South Africa Wales
Peyper - NZ France
Owens - Scotland Australia
Poite/Joubert - Ireland Argentina

I think Poite has the edge over Joubert.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
bb_banana_feat_free.jpg

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Hope it's not Joubert. The guy has a raging hard-on for the All Blacks.

I think the All Blacks will take this one. Could be close for 60 minutes but All Blacks should break away in the final 20.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I can't believe anyone even harking back to 07 game, hell if you want in 07 when ABs lost to France, I watched game before going to pick up wife from Gold Coast where she had just completed a bike ride, what am I doing after QF this year, going to Gold Coast to pick up wife after she has done same bike ride, couple of Aussie mates were laughing their heads off about history etc etc, until I pointed out that before I watched the AB/French QF, I watched the game on tv that was just before, the one where the Wallabies also lost a QF:D
Do I think the ABs will even discuss 07, I would not expect so,FFS only a couple of them even played in the game. I personally think on this morning's game I would be more concerned against Ireland. And are Wallabies having nightmares about playing the possibility of playing Ireland next week(remember who beat them last WC)? I would hardly think so!

Status
Not open for further replies.