• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 2 NZ v FRA (Millenium Stadium) 18th Oct 0600 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I wonder if they factor in refs whose country origins are on that side of the draw?

Clancy, Doyle or Lacey. Clancy will get it I think.
Doyle is an English ref. He is not very good, nor is Clancy but Lacey is not a bad ref. Certainly sits comfortable compared to any Australian ref. But you have such a hang up about anything Irish I am probably wasting my time even bothering engaging with you.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Stunning revelations from Dan Carter about a huge rift in the NZL camp that threatens to undermine their 2015 RWC Campaign.

From a stuff.co.nz article it is revealed:
Richie McCaw ..... .... ... one of the worst according to All Blacks first five Dan Carter.

"He was pretty poor ... ... ... to be honest and he couldn't think .. ... .." Carter said
Carter also goes on to say that Richie has had problems communicating with Team Management.

This doesn't look good for the NZL teams RWC chances, especially when it is two of their most experienced players that seem to be having a war of words with each other, and the usual cone of silence about the inner workings of the NZ Rugby Team has been exposed.

Read more about these explosive allegations in the article by clicking here.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Stunning revelations from Dan Carter about a huge rift in the NZL camp that threatens to undermine their 2015 RWC Campaign.

Richie McCaw ... .. . one of the worst according to All Blacks first five Dan Carter.

"He was pretty poor . . . to be honest and he couldn't think .. . .." Carter said
Carter also goes on to say that Richie has had problems communicating with Team Management.

This doesn't look good for the NZL teams RWC chances, especially when it is two of their most experienced players that seem to be having a war of words with each other, and the usual cone of silence about the inner workings of the NZ Rugby Team has been exposed.

One of the best bits of selective quotation ever, Huw. Had me diving for the article!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think Poite has been very good this tournament actually. Of course that could change very quickly.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)

Richie McCaw ... .. . one of the worst according to All Blacks first five Dan Carter.

"He was pretty poor . . . to be honest and he couldn't think .. . .." Carter said

I can guarantee McCaw will be dropped for the upcoming test match.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't expect a Kiwi to realise it. Dan and Richie will probably go down as the two greatest ABs ever. But right now they are not playing better than Cane and Barrett (or even Slade). Experience and leadership is important sure, but not enough. It's like picking Matfield over de Jäger.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Doyle is an English ref. He is not very good, nor is Clancy but Lacey is not a bad ref. Certainly sits comfortable compared to any Australian ref. But you have such a hang up about anything Irish I am probably wasting my time even bothering engaging with you.

There's a reason that there's no Australian ref at this RWC (and rightly so I might add).

Lacey is certainly better than Clancy and Doyle.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
qwerty - McCaw tops the tackle count for the ABs in almost every test he plays. He is still far more prominent at the breakdown than Cane. AS long as McCaw has one good foot he is still very much in the top 2-3 players for the ABs. But not that an Aussie sees that....

As for Carter, he may not have the running game that Barrett has now but he is far more reliable defensively and as a goal kicker. Plus Barrett is the perfect bench man because he can cover 10 and fullback. The strategy for the ABs is that barring injury Barrett will come on at fullback with 20-25 to go and Ben Smith goes to the wing.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You'd hope your 7 is topping the tackle count..

To say he is far more prominent at the breakdown that Cane is outrageous. McCaw is the worst at the breakdown out of the top 10 teams' 7 for sure. His breakdown work is non-existent. When is the last time he got a pilfer/turnover pen?

Did you even watch Carter kick in the pool stages, he missed plenty and it's nothing new.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
qwerty - McCaw tops the tackle count for the ABs in almost every test he plays. He is still far more prominent at the breakdown than Cane. AS long as McCaw has one good foot he is still very much in the top 2-3 players for the ABs in the world. But not that an Aussie sees that..

Fixed that for you. :)

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
You'd hope your 7 is topping the tackle count..

To say he is far more prominent at the breakdown that Cane is outrageous. McCaw is the worst at the breakdown out of the top 10 teams' 7 for sure. His breakdown work is non-existent. When is the last time he got a pilfer/turnover pen?

Did you even watch Carter kick in the pool stages, he missed plenty and it's nothing new.

I forget which poster here does the breakdown analysis for Wallaby games and few others but almost every AB game he does, McCaw is one of the best - if not the best - player on the pitch at the breakdown.

It's unbelievable the level which he is still playing at.

Status
Not open for further replies.