• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 2 NZ v FRA (Millenium Stadium) 18th Oct 0600 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
This news changes everything for me. I genuinely didn't give France a snowballs chance in hell. Now the door has just creaked open a touch

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I was always going to be watching this game but now it's got that extra edge and I couldn't be more excited about it. You know France have got at least one great performance per tournament in them and it could be this weekend. I'm hoping for a ten try blow out decided in the last minute.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Jeez, Steve Hansen's press conference where he talks about people at home being worried but worry being a wasted emotion is a bit all over the shop.

It's almost like he got Robbie Deans to write his answers.

New Zealanders will be more worried after listening to that than they were before!
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/national/news/video.cfm?c_id=1503075&gal_cid=1503075&gallery_id=155096
Came across as borderline psychopathic.
Preternatural serenity, 101% guiltfree confidence, seems to be at ungainly odds with the 240 mins of grotty rugby vs minnows.
Comes out and basically says "don't worry, pool games, we werent trying". So the 21 turnovers, were you trying to hold onto the ball or, kind of, not really? You cant trot out the "all credit to the opposition" one because you've just said don't worry, we werent trying

I think I need a bit of a lie down.

Samson

Chris McKivat (8)
Without a transcript I am accepting your paraphrase of Hansen. I think he might choke on those words, not that I want to revive the choke tag.;)

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
I'm not sure France have the ability to do the unthinkable this time. I hope I'm wrong but the All Blacks might walk this one.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
As a side note, that's poor poor poor man management by the coaching staff. Picking and sticking to 3 controversial players in the lead-up to the RWC and during pools, even though they were not up to test level, and throwing them when the first knock-out game arrives, that's terrible.
Haha, great comment in hindsight since it's now come out the players picked it themselves.

Relance

Herbert Moran (7)
Haha, great comment in hindsight since it's now come out the players picked it themselves.

http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/coupe...quipe-avec-le-manager._sto4951868/story.shtml

"We've prepared this as a team, with the coaches"
"We started this world cup as a team, with the manager. We'll keep it that way. The rest is of no interest to me."

You were saying ? ;)

I'm really tired of all this journo bullshit about mutiny, revolt, revolution (sic). The only time a French team sacked the coach, it was in Knysna, 2010. Not sure we want this to happen to rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.