• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 3 IRE v ARG (Millenium Stadium) 18th Oct 2300 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Some more of the SOB/Pape evidence leaks out via Bernard Jackman, but still no verdict:

CRL-uQRWEAAa01j.jpg

Cheeky Pape!

Probably won't have much of an effect on the ruling, but at least we know he's not just some mad bastard running round hitting people at random.

(But you can't just expect to go around grabbing people's butts and not get some kind of retaliation.)

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Some more of the SOB/Pape evidence leaks out via Bernard Jackman, but still no verdict:

CRL-uQRWEAAa01j.jpg

Cheeky Pape!

Probably won't have much of an effect on the ruling, but at least we know he's not just some mad bastard running round hitting people at random.

(But you can't just expect to go around grabbing people's butts and not get some kind of retaliation.)

He barely fondles his butt, according to that video - it's not a lingering one anyway. But I guess I'd react in a similar way if another man touches me like that.

EDIT: But you're completely right, it's good to know it wasn't just a random guy standing in front of him that he felt needs hitting. That would make him a lunatic.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Ireland vs Argentina (Millennium Stadium): Jerome Garces (France)
Assistants: Romain Poite (France), Chris Pollock (New Zealand)
TMO: George Ayoub (Australia)

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
He barely fondles his butt, according to that video - it's not a lingering one anyway. But I guess I'd react in a similar way if another man touches me like that.

If it wasn't asked for!

The thing here is that the shot Jackman tweeted seems to be a moment before the cut in that video that shows Pape reaching around O'Brien. At least the commission is apparently giving it some serious consideration.

Either that or the Johnny Gray/Ross Ford citing is mucking up the works.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Ireland vs Argentina (Millennium Stadium): Jerome Garces (France)
Assistants: Romain Poite (France), Chris Pollock (New Zealand)
TMO: George Ayoub (Australia)

Schmidt wasn't too happy with Garces' random interpretation of the scrum last time around.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
They've picked popes in less time than its taken to decide whether sob hit pape
Host nations have been knocked out of their own rugby world cups in less time!?!? I think they are haggling because anything more than a week will be appealed because there is no disincentive. Pocock's none citing, correct I add, will be used, as will the nationality of the judicial officer. I am not saying that is right but that is the way it is bound to be when the stakes are so high.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"Ireland flanker Seán O’Brien will miss their quarter-final with Argentina after being suspended for one week for striking

"O’Brien admitted committing an act of foul play and therefore the independent Judicial Officer Terry Willis (Australia) upheld the citing on the basis that the player had committed an act of foul play contrary to Law 10.4(a)."

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/112205

Seems about right. Kinda makes you wonder how it took so long if he took the early guilty plea, tho.

Relance

Herbert Moran (7)
Does it bollix. Seanie was wrong to be wound up by the prick but, as you well know Pape is a prick, who fell over like a sack of spuds clutching the other side of his stomach to where Seanie slapped him.

No, unfortunately I don't. Would you mind elaborating a little bit on that sophisticated assessment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.