• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 4 AUS v SCO (Twickenham) 19th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I must admit, I do miss the odd gems & insight that Lee Grant & Bruce Ross use to offer- but I am genuinely glad to see you still around skippering this sitcom.Mes Salutations.

I feel that once wepush the Scots aside, we're going to face Argentina, South Africa & then our beloved ANZAC brothers in a mini RC final showdown.
Winning the Web Ellis cup will shake off all the cobwebs Australian rugby has scad over the past 15 or so years. No team in World Rugby can stop whats already started i'm afraid though. The Renaissance has already begun gentleman, do svidanja
You do realise that after this week there are only a max of 2 games left for us? And that one of the saffers and NZ (if they make it) will cancel the other one out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
They're both big losses because they already have injuries in those positions.

In regards to Ross Ford, it now means that instead of playing their 1st and 3rd hookers they now have their 3rd and 4th.

In relation to Jonny Gray, they'd already lost Gilchrist so they've got their 4th best lock starting next to Richie Gray and a essentially a backrower as the new reserve lock.

Sounds like the Wallabies luck of past years

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
As this match is on Monday, Michael Cheika said the team will be announced on Friday, so we all have to wait an extra day!
Pity we aren't playing a 'full-strength' Scotland.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
We'll not be too far from full strength. Issue is we're missing 2 of our best 3 locks, 2 of our best 3 hookers, and our best inside center. That makes the entire team weaker, whereas I feel that if it were more spread, we'd have a better chance, as long as it wasn't Nel or Russell.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
QF4 – Australia v Scotland – Twickenham
Citing Commissioner: Steve Hinds (New Zealand)
Judicial Officer: Antony Davies (England)

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
what is with the god-awful timing of these games. How's a man meant to enjoy the world cup when he's getting up at 2am on Monday morning.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
QF4 – Australia v Scotland – Twickenham
Citing Commissioner: Steve Hinds (New Zealand)
Judicial Officer: Antony Davies (England)

fetch

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
what is with the god-awful timing of these games. How's a man meant to enjoy the world cup when he's getting up at 2am on Monday morning.

Cheer up mate. Had exactly the same feeling with the cricket world cup over here. And the Presidents Cup over the weekend. Swings and roundabouts.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Looking ahead to this week, I believe that whatever call is made regarding Folau and Pocock has the potential to be another "defining moment" even before the team runs out. If they play both and they are not 100% and end up needing to be subbed early, or play below their usual standard, or in the worse case aggravate their injuries then we are going to be screwed. There will be some finger pointing no doubt and some tough questions to answer which to date Cheika has deservedly managed to avoid. What irritated me somewhat before last weeks game was Folau saying if he wasn't confident in his ankle he wouldn't strap his boots on...well he wasn't fine and it impacted on his performance. As fantastic a player that he is, a 80% Izzy Folau does not trump a 100% Kurtley Beale in my book.

I seem to remember Deans inexplicably playing Cooper in every-single game of the last world cup - even in Matches where he was not clearly a required presence - and when he finally "blew-up" he didn't play again in how long???

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
An 8 minute Wallaby highlights video from RWC pool play that only includes scrums. If someone told you this existed 6 months ago you'd drop them off at the nearest mental health unit.

It would be nice to see some other skills in the next couple of weeks, along with the excellent scrum work continued of course.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)

BDA, like you, I live on the beautiful Gold Coast, but unlike you, I will be getting up at 12:30, to be ready for the GEM telecast which starts at 12:45, leading up to kick-off at 1:00 am (Queensland time)!
Unlike me, you may prefer to watch only the last 30 minutes of this match, however, I doubt that, given your past enthusiasm for our beloved Wallabies!!

Reactions: BDA

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but this just doesn't seem right..........it just seems plain stupid!

...quoting Cheika in an article published today.....

“Rob Horne is desperate to be selected, he’s desperate to be picked and is prepared to go through the pain to do it,” Cheika said.
“That’s what it says about him. I think the players on our trip this year, it’s been really interesting. Wycliff Palu stayed and played through an injury to do his bit for the team. (Will) Skelton was desperate to stay even though his pec was ripped off the bone.
“Now anyone that has had any type of niggle, they’re making sure that no one knows about it so they can stay.”
About an hour after Cheika uttered those words, Folau appeared to demonstrate a similar attitude by tweeting “I can, I will, I must.”
The fullback is carrying an ankle injury but Cheika is confident he will play.
“We will do the same as we did last week, we will let it run until Friday and see how we go,” Cheika said.
“I would said Izzy is better than he was last week at the same stage ... and Poey we will see how he is on Friday.”

Status
Not open for further replies.