• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 4 AUS v SCO (Twickenham) 19th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Even with only half a Pooper, if the Men in Gold manage to maintain their intensity for the full 80, this could end up worse than result at Glencoe.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Scott out is the nail in the coffin. His kicking amd versatility is an asset, but Hornes never looked up to international level.

2 of our best 3 centers, 2 of our best 3 locks, 2 of our best 3 hookers all out. 2 opensides starting and a blindside covering lock. And he decided not to play Duncan, to come on and control the game if things go to shit.

There's no question this team would beat Munster though, albeit the assessment that this would be a bigger upset than Japan is accurate.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So, Scots have 2 opensides, which means they're going to try and drag this down to a nigglefest.

The only solution for this is to piss this 2nd/3rd channel attack plan off, because the rush defense used by Wales is going to be copied by everyone.

Instead, we start trucking it up in close with venom. Benny Mac is the man for that, and it will give our backs a shitload more space to work with, and Genia the opportunity to snipe.

BennyMac, Moore, Douglas, Sio, and Kepu all bending the line, with Hooper and Fardy popping up for the offloads and linking with the backs.

Once we've stuck the crowbar through the doors, the backs fucking flood in and start pillaging the joint.

Anyone who is worried by the omission of Pocock and Folau is a cretin, BTW.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Pocock and Folau are huge losses and of all the sides I am glad it is Scotland this week.

Smart bringing Cooper onto the bench. He will need a run in case needed later and Foley could do with a break. Been doing well under lot's of pressure and keeping him fresh will be good for us in the semi and final.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Given the strength of our 23, and assuming the accuracy of comments by many of you here, about how 'ordinary' Scotland is, is it possible that this match could turn out to be an embarrassment for NH Rugby, and put Scottish Rugby back five years?
I haven't seen Scotland play since that pseudo "tough mudder" in Newcastle (NSW), in 2012, so can't make a personal judgement!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Given the strength of our 23, and assuming the accuracy of comments by many of you here, about how 'ordinary' Scotland is, is it possible that this match could turn out to be an embarrassment for NH Rugby, and put Scottish Rugby back five years?
I haven't seen Scotland play since that pseudo "tough mudder" in Newcastle (NSW), in 2012, so can't make a personal judgement!
You're kidding, right?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Nah. We got the 6 nations woodem spoon this year, we had a humping against the Bokke 15 months ago, we lost to tonga 22 months ago, and the team has been hit reasonably hard by injury and suspension. We know where we are at. As long as it's not the better part of a half century, only the biggest idiots will see it as a genuine embarrassment.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It could, but based on how the Scottish team have tracked under Vern Cotter, it's highly unlikely we will "embarrass" them or NH rugby for that matter.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Can't see what a Scottish loss has to do with embarrassing Ireland or wales

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It also only occurred to me that Cheiks has been foxing to the media for the entirety of this week, and was aware that Folau and Pocock were never going to be fit to play in this game.

Cheiks you devil, you.

Yeah i had the same thought a few minutes ago - tricky bastard :)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Anyone thinking that this game will be anything other than a tough battle is a bit deluded.

How many RWC knock out games have ever been floggings? I would think it is very few.

A Wallabies win by 25+ is probably similar odds to a Scotland win.

We're going to need to play really well and keep our composure to get the win.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Anyone thinking that this game will be anything other than a tough battle is a bit deluded.

How many RWC knock out games have ever been floggings? I would think it is very few.

A Wallabies win by 25+ is probably similar odds to a Scotland win.

Wallabies at $1.13 on sportsbet so its not even a foregone conclusion in the betting markets. Scotland at $6.05.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pocock and Folau are certainly big losses........ possibly the two biggest losses we could have........ but..........

If we can't win this game without them then we're not good enough to win this tournament.

Scotland might be lucky to have made the QF's, but they're not going to make it easy for us...........

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wallabies at $1.13 on sportsbet so its not even a foregone conclusion in the betting markets. Scotland at $6.05.

The Betting Markets had the Soap Dodgers installed as favourites didn't they. They don't always get it right. It is just a risk managed numbers game to them. Enough mugs on the wrong horse can skew the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.