• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 4 AUS v SCO (Twickenham) 19th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
The big question for Sunday night/Monday morning is:

Are you intending to adopt the Stay Up or Wake Up method?

Being a Monday, Wake Up means you might front at work with some sleep under your belt. You're not going to get any shut eye after the game.

Wake Up has the risk of Sleep Through. Stay Up has the risk of peaking too early resulting in premature Sleep Through.

I think I'll do the Stay Up and accept that productivity may be slightly lower than normal on Monday.
Got to sleep early, wake up 1.45, and in all likelihood not going back to sleep.....like last week.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm a bit nervous about this one. They are going in with two opensides, obviously to counter what they thought was going to be the Pooper.
CheIka you sly dog.
We need to take it to them at the breakdown and establish dominance early.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Those odds are roughly saying that if this game was played 7 times we would win 6 of them and Scotland would win 1. So it just depends which of the 7 games is played.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Agree with the thought that this is Big Dog's big chance to make an impact. We're going to need him to lay some more of that smack down in defence and to truck it up for those dirty metres in close to establish momentum. He's more than capable of doing both. Once that's happened I want to see multiple runners on either side of Foley hitting the gain line for a flat ball at pace, especially on the inside. That should hopefully counteract the rush defence. It's going to be a dog fight for a long while in this game and we're going to have be accurate and quick in everything we do.

One thing you don't want to do with the Scots is to give them any belief, because in a close one we've seen what they've been able to do before. Take every point on offer and don't let it descend into trench warfare.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Got to sleep early, wake up 1.45, and in all likelihood not going back to sleep...like last week.

That's my plan. Luckily on monday the only major thing we have at work as a sake tasting event lol.

I'm glad that both Pocock and Folau aren't playing - it's not worth risking them and frankly we ought to be able to cover them against a side like Scotland. What's more, Folau's effectiveness has been pretty compromised since he injured his ankle and Beale has been very strong.

That said, with To'omua already on the Bench, I'd have liked to have seen Speight get a run ... I can only assume he's been very disappointing at training or something, because you'd think they'd want to give him a shot in a game like this.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It also only occurred to me that Cheiks has been foxing to the media for the entirety of this week, and was aware that Folau and Pocock were never going to be fit to play in this game.

Cheiks you devil, you.

To be fair, I don't think Pocock trained all week. He was never going to play.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
You're kidding, right?

Cardiffblue, I want it to be a close one, but I'm not the one using terms like "Scotland are rubbish", and "Wallabies by 40".
On reflection, you are right, Ireland and Wales wont be tarnished by the performances of England and Scotland in this RWC.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Beale's boot could be a real asset against Scotland.

I watched them against Samoa and their strategy was largely to set up rolling mauls off the lineout. Point being that they weren't playing much rugby in their own half. Folau's exit kicking has improved but Beale is still the superior kicker.

Reactions: BDA

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)

I watched them against Samoa and their strategy was largely to set up rolling mauls off the lineout. Point being that they weren't playing much rugby in their own half. Folau's exit kicking has improved but Beale is still the superior kicker.

Not only that, but it didn't really work that well against Samoa. I thought the Samoans largely played better and only really lost because they tried to be a little too ambitious in their 22 on one occasion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Cardiffblue, I want it to be a close one, but I'm not the one using terms like "Scotland are rubbish", and "Wallabies by 40".
On reflection, you are right, Ireland and Wales wont be tarnished by the performances of England and Scotland in this RWC.
I'd like to watch a close game too but I've never understood the Sh uber alles stuff

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Personally I'm hoping for Aus/Ire/Wa/France, purely because I like how the Irish and Welsh play and don't want NZ anywhere near the final

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Those odds are roughly saying that if this game was played 7 times we would win 6 of them and Scotland would win 1. So it just depends which of the 7 games is played.

Which makes the Wobs a good bet, and probably worth taking at that money. I did.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)

Agreed but i hope he can also defuse the high ball as I suspect the Scots will be raining them down all day. That said, Izzy has clearly not been his usual reliable self in this department

Status
Not open for further replies.