• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 4 AUS v SCO (Twickenham) 19th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Despite the rancidness of said bait it wasn't substantial enough to keep the Kiwi trolls on PR biting for very long............

G

galumay

Despite the rancidness of said bait it wasn't substantial enough to keep the Kiwi trolls on PR biting for very long....

Really Slim, the constant name calling is pretty juvenile. There was an incident, it was noticed by some viewers, it was reported.

None of that has anything to do with whether the CO considers it worthy of further investigation - if he himself notices it in the replays.

People posting about the actual incident are not trolls and its not a very mature response to bandy that term about. If you didnt think the incident was a breach of the laws then make that point - and leave the name calling out of it.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The issue is this: We can beat Scotland with McCalman and Beale as starters buuuuuut we can't beat the ABs without Pooper and Izzy.

I mean, Beale at 15 against guys like Savea or Milner Skudder scares me. A starting XV without Pooper can't beat the ABs (Remember the 2 games of this year, Sydney with Pooper and Auckland without them). So that's the point. Give a rest for them.

We are lucky that won't face teams like Ireland, Argentina or Wales in quarters. Next game will face the Pumas, a very physical side (Ireland has too many injured players IMO) then the ABs if everything goes well.

1 Sio
2 Moore (c)
3 Kepu
4 Simmons
5 Douglas
6 Fardy - though that bloke needs a rest
7 Hooper
8 McCalman
9 Genia
10 Foley
11 Mitchell
12 Giteau
13 TK - come on son, blow it wide open! Make the bastards AFRAID again!
14 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15 Beale

16 TPN
17 Slipper
18 Holmes
19 Mumm - just think he's a better finisher
20 McMahon
21 Phipps
22 To'omua
23 Horne

If things are going well, give Fardy and Giteau a rest. Otherwise no pre-determined subs like McMahon @ 50 minutes. That nearly backfired on us badly.

Hey hey hey

You've copied my team 99%. At least give me a "like"

:p

Chunderstruck

Alex Ross (28)
Just realised that Pocock did in fact get a warning i.e. "off-field" yellow.
Someone said cards get reset to 0 after the pool stages, does that mean his yellow is immediately erased?
Also, Johnny Gray and Ross Ford have been cited and will face an English Judicial Officer. Are those guys a big loss if banned?
http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/111671

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Aussie citing commissioner citing two Scottish players the week before a QF between Scotland and Australia doesn't look great. Won't affect the result in a month of Sundays because Scotland are rubbish but it doesn't inspire confidence.

I get what you are saying but it's not like it's for something like the Pocock non-event. It's for a lifting tackle so it should be pretty black and white. He has to do his job. I haven't seen the tackle admittedly.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Meh, this is a discussion board. If people think we'll win then they should say so, rather than pretend otherwise to appease imaginary forum readers in the event we should lose.

Yes but work to be done.
Gee the other side of the draw doesnt look nice - lets hope there is some carnage there.
AB's - what happened in 99 against the French / what happened 2007 against the French / oh and so so close in 2011 against the French - the winner of that game, it doesn't get any easier you get to play Wales or South Africa.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I get what you are saying but it's not like it's for something like the Pocock non-event. It's for a lifting tackle so it should be pretty black and white. He has to do his job. I haven't seen the tackle admittedly.
If it was a Scot citing two Aussie players this place would go into meltdown.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
If it was a Scot citing two Aussie players this place would go into meltdown.
It depends what for really. I'm sure there would be a healthy debate about whether they were guilty or not! Lifting tackles get cited every day of the week.

Personally I hope the Pom judicial officer lets them off, but as I said I haven't seen the tackle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
It depends what for really. I'm sure there would be a healthy debate about whether they were guilty or not! Lifting tackles get cited every day of the week.

Personally I hope the Pom judicial officer lets them off, but as I said I haven't seen the tackle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It does not look good, no matter how objective people pretend to be. Just being cited throws a player/ team into doubt and confusion. Even if they get off, which no one seems to anymore, it will be a handicap to Scotland. It isn't transparent or fair regardless of the fore shortened video covered incident.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Aussie citing commissioner citing two Scottish players the week before a QF between Scotland and Australia doesn't look great. Won't affect the result in a month of Sundays because Scotland are rubbish but it doesn't inspire confidence.

Firstly he's an INDEPENDENT Citing Commissioner, not an Australian one & where do you draw the line? If he can't be an Aussie cos that's who Scotland are playing then surely he can't be Irish or Argentinian cos that's who they potential play next; nor South African nor New Zealander cos that's who they potentially play after that. Drains the pool of ICC's pretty quickly which is why they're INDEPENDENT in the first place :)

You're right about the place going into meltdown if the nationalities of ICC & the cited players were reversed but that's just human nature, innit? Doesn't make it right & certainly doesn't mean anyone should do things differently just to appease people who'd find fault in any alternative cos that's just the way they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.