• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 4 AUS v SCO (Twickenham) 19th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't think he was caught up in any moment.

No conspiracy theories, No funny business. He saw the ball come off a Scot and called it.Wrong call, but that's history. It sucks for Scotland. Really does.
Think we're actually agreeing.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
That is just the point, he didn't have the luxury of the replay and the TMO had no jurisdiction. He had to make the call and he did, and IMO it was a reasonable call on the run under the circumstances. Indeed I would say it took a lot of courage to make it under the circumstances.
Nige o'wens has been taking advice on all sorts of decisions in his rwc.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Have to say that there didn't seem to be much 'unintentional' about the touch at all..LOL
It was, if you had canary yellow tinted blinkers on. :cool:

It's great isn't it! We won.

And it will be so for one of you boys next week. I just hope the other one isn't crying about it then.

A jolly good three cheers for the referee, eh chaps!

Best to get it in now before there's a chance for things to turn sour. ;)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
No offence cyclo, but there's been lots more sniping at Reds fans you've let go. I think that's an over the top reaction when there's been plenty worse, particularly from the guy he was responding too, unless we can expect the same reaction from you when qwerty says something similar the next time about Reds fans?

I censured the "guy he was responding to" on the thread, but you probably didn't bother to read that far back, did you? As in fact the previous objector didn't either. But don't let that get in the way of accusing me of bias.

qwerty51 said:
James Slipper don't come home.​
Don't play the man here - he was not the only culprit pulling silly plays.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
You'd think the scots would look to the fact that they leaked 5 fucking tries rather than a marginal penalty call with a minute to go. Not a convincing performance by Australia on account of some expensive mistakes but you can't moan about a raw deal when you let in a try for every 5 minutes the ball is in play

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I censured the "guy he was responding to" on the thread, but you probably didn't bother to read that far back, did you? As in fact the previous objector didn't either. But don't let that get in the way of accusing me of bias.

I read the entire thing this night. That was hardly any censure of qwerty, and that was pages later.

You've never responded like that with a personal attack to any other generalisation, have you?

A warning would've been fine, an over the top personal attack was cheap, especially when considering who he responded too and there's far been far worse at other teams. Re-read your reaction.

I'll leave it there.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I read the entire thing this night. That was hardly any censure of qwerty, and that was pages later.

You've never responded like that with a personal attack to any other generalisation, have you?

A warning would've been fine, an over the top personal attack was cheap, especially when considering who he responded too and there's far been far worse at other teams. Re-read your reaction.

I'll leave it there.

The censure was when it was brought to my attention. Look at the timestamps - the thread moves fast.
I take objection to being accused of bias - I addressed the reported post when it was reported, and I read the other in real time, and responded. I have looked extensively at that poster's record and it speaks volumes. Multiple reported posts over a long period. I have access to far more data than you.
I've responded more harshly to many posts, reported or otherwise (and there is a shitload reported that you guys don't see).
I'll leave that there.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Well, this will please all of Scotland.

World Rugby saying Joubert got the last call incorrect.

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/115761

and if we slow the game down to NFL speed with video ref digging through each play this stuff will happen less

but watching it once at speed from where ever the ref is viewing, at first view I thought it wasn't the worst decision, especially when compared to Maitland's yellow which had the replays and review and was still dodgy

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Oh dear, did they really have to comment? Game is over,move on.

Agree.

So Joubert can't send to TMO, under the rules. Yet WR (World Rugby) had a group of guys look at 'all available angles', something that wasn't available to Joubert.

Anyway, the result is in the books.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I agree Bon, a bit disappointing that it was commented on by WR (World Rugby), but I do tend to think if shoe was on other foot maybe this bored would of melted down by now. I don't think the WR (World Rugby) should add to fire, especially this soon after the event, and if they choose to comment on this one decision, should they then not go into every decision during the game?

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The All Blacks won the final with a young Aaron Cruden and then Stephen Donald for more than half the match last time.

South Africa won with Butch James in 2007.

So that's means that Quade Cooper is going to play the grand final against the ABs if we beat the Argies

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
If Australia had lost as a result people here would be welcoming a comment from World Rugby. Have seen it several times in Super Rugby where a team (and fans) feel vindicated as a result of them issuing a statement following similar tough losses. Instead it seems like sweeping this under the rug is the best option. Not sure how the other 19 countries feel about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.