• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: SCO v RSA (St James Park): POOL B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
What a game for Josh Strauss and WP Nel. Running out against the Boks, so not quite fulfilling their childhood dream but playing test rugby for the Scots.

Who would have thunk, eh?

Kudos to them though. Always liked them both as players. Thought Nel had Bok aspirations. He is highly underrated in the scrums. Short and wide, just the way they make them in the Free State. :)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
What a game for Josh Strauss and WP Nel. Running out against the Boks, so not quite fulfilling their childhood dream but playing test rugby for the Scots.

Who would have thunk, eh?

Kudos to them though. Always liked them both as players. Thought Nel had Bok aspirations. He is highly underrated in the scrums. Short and wide, just the way they make them in the Free State. :)
He is actually from Loeriesfontein. The other interesting thing about both players is that they start out playing provincial rugby for Boland, not good enough for WP and moved to Free State/Lions to grow as players. Thought both had good games vs USA and surely is going to be a pain for the Bokke.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Scotland: 15 Stuart Hogg, 14 Tommy Seymour, 13 Richie Vernon, 12 Peter Horne, 11 Tim Visser, 10 Duncan Weir, 9 Greig Laidlaw (c), 8 Dave Denton, 7 Blair Cowan, 6 Josh Strauss, 5 Jonny Gray, 4 Richie Gray, 3 WP Nel, 2 Fraser Brown, 1 Gordon Reid.
Replacements: 16 Ross Ford, 17 Alasdair Dickinson, 18 Jon Welsh, 19 Tim Swinson, 20 Ryan Wilson, 21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, 22 Peter Horne, 23 Sean Lamont

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Weir starts at 10, Scott at 12, Horne covers 10 from bench.

Russell and Hardie given the extra week to recover, Bennett and Ford given time off after 150 minutes in the first 2 games.

It's a side which could potentially cause the Bokke some problems, but with 3 of the above 4, plus Maitland missing, and Al off the bench rather than starting resources are obviously focused on Samoa.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Whilst searching the bbc site for Dan biggar. I noticed that on 2nd October he single handed took on kirkcaldy. His arrogance knows no bounds it seems

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Worth staying up for if only to get v v angry at itv pundits who will be going on about orcland

We're lucky enough not to receive much if any of the ITV coverage. Most of the non-Aussie matches here have Gordon Bray or Tony Johnson as the callers with either Joel Stransky and a Scottish bloke who is very good but has an accent so thick it's difficult to understand him at times.

I guess you don't agree with this take on the ITV coverage?:)

World Rugby Chairman Bernard Lapasset said: “World Rugby is excited about ITV’s coverage plans for England 2015, which promises to be the most-viewed Rugby World Cup to date. ITV’s commitment to the highest-standards of production and innovation is great news for existing fans and also rugby’s ability to reach out and inspire new audiences across the UK and around the world.”
http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itv-announces-rugby-world-cup-2015-line

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
i have to watch most games via vpn. So I get to enjoy the innovative productions. Ten minutes of lord bald and I'm squirming in my seat. And god knows who thought Alfie Thomas would a make tv pundit

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Orangutan and bread of heaven?

Spose the psychology of these ads is working. I'll have to google sse and orangutan

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Why the Saffers are wearing the Wallabies away jersey? :D:p

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1443886984347.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1443886984347.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 154
Status
Not open for further replies.