• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC23- Pool D - Eng, Jap, Arg, Sam, Chile

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Argentina have just produced the worst performance in World Cup history, and England have only been marginally better

Worst game of rugby ever witnessed. Both teams should be fined for making people watch this dross
Was going to watch full replay today. Now rethinking. But from a different perspective. The anti-spectacle as self flagellation.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Argentina were awful, they were unjustifiably a man up for the whole game and it took them 79 minutes to score a try and still got flogged by penalties and drop goals. Imagine the Cheika spray they would have copped. I was expecting them to be shot by the time they got to the QFs but I don’t think they will make it that far.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I dont think the Wallabies will be troubled by either of those teams in the 1/4’s, i watched the minimatch and still fast forwarded, terrible game. Samoa a real chance in this pool.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Impressive? Argentina refused to catch the ball. 28 handling errors! As soon as they held onto the ball they scored the only try of the game

Samoa will back themselves to top the pool
Well I will be very surprised if Samoa top this pool (or even beat Pumas). Pumas beat Wallabies, and Poms beat them with 14 men, which I think speaks of a team that knows how to win. Much as it wasn't a great watch, remember the point of a rugby test is score the most points, not score the most tries.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I'm gonna be blunt, I loved watching it.

Seeing an extremely high quality set of players commit to a Scotland under Andy Johnson/Dan Parks playstyle was hilarious. At least we had the excuse of a very painfully average set of outside backs. I adore Borthers England.
Yep Highlander I with you. Mind you I always love there is so many ways to play the game sucessfully.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyone else feel like England owe everyone 2 hours off their life back?
Well after getting England at 1.90 vs fucking Argentina and then seeing the red card get finalised... That was one of the most pleasing performances I've ever watched.

Fuck Michael Cheika. Fuck Argentina. So happy some other nation has to put up with his bullshit now.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just watching the mini match, and am wondering where this rubbish Argentina side was in the RC.

Also been listening to the Egg Chaser boys, and they were comparing the in game kicking to the ABs and Wallabies, and the metres run (not sure if the metres was overall or for one team):
Eng v Arg: Eng kicked 43 times, ball was run 540m
Aus v Geo: Aus kicked 41 times, ball was run 1,240m
AB v Fra; NZ kicked 40ish times, ball was run ,1,068m

Now I'm going off memory, and the stats would be better if they had opposing kicks, but the thing they were saying is in the Eng V Arg game, no team really had a good period running the ball.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The same team that went 0-3 v SA/NZ with 2 matches at home? That barely beat the Wallabies and probably didn’t? Why were people so high on them?

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Impressive? Argentina refused to catch the ball. 28 handling errors! As soon as they held onto the ball they scored the only try of the game

Samoa will back themselves to top the pool
How does that justify England being bad loool???

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
The same team that went 0-3 v SA/NZ with 2 matches at home? That barely beat the Wallabies and probably didn’t? Why were people so high on them?
True. Maybe I'm incredulous that even the Wobs couldn't beat them.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
How does that justify England being bad loool???
The fact they never even looked like scoring a try when the team they played was essentially begging them too isn’t great. What’s England’s plan when they play a team that can catch the ball?

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
The fact they never even looked like scoring a try when the team they played was essentially begging them too isn’t great. What’s England’s plan when they play a team that can catch the ball?
Yeah, from what I saw even in the mini match, the poms were flat footed, there were a few attempts but not really the go forward to get a try. It's almost like both teams were in a race to the bottom

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
The Arg v Eng game was a lot more entertaining with a dog in the fight. Sure it wasn't pretty but it won the game, however I wasn't fully convinced that we would win until about the 75th minute as the last 10-15 was always going to be hard with the fatigue factor. What I didn't take into account was Argentina very dross for the full 80 instead of having a flash of 20 minute where everything clicked.

I did have the thought about 50 minutes into the game that maybe, just maybe Cheika isn't an international level coach anymore. Or his use has a very specific shelf life, comes in does a job for 2-3 years but then any more than that the team goes backwards.