• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC23- Pool D - Eng, Jap, Arg, Sam, Chile

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
The Arg v Eng game was a lot more entertaining with a dog in the fight. Sure it wasn't pretty but it won the game, however I wasn't fully convinced that we would win until about the 75th minute as the last 10-15 was always going to be hard with the fatigue factor. What I didn't take into account was Argentina very dross for the full 80 instead of having a flash of 20 minute where everything clicked.

I did have the thought about 50 minutes into the game that maybe, just maybe Cheika isn't an international level coach anymore. Or his use has a very specific shelf life, comes in does a job for 2-3 years but then any more than that the team goes backwards.
Was he ever?

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
The Arg v Eng game was a lot more entertaining with a dog in the fight. Sure it wasn't pretty but it won the game, however I wasn't fully convinced that we would win until about the 75th minute as the last 10-15 was always going to be hard with the fatigue factor. What I didn't take into account was Argentina very dross for the full 80 instead of having a flash of 20 minute where everything clicked.

I did have the thought about 50 minutes into the game that maybe, just maybe Cheika isn't an international level coach anymore. Or his use has a very specific shelf life, comes in does a job for 2-3 years but then any more than that the team goes backwards.
"The eddie effect"