• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SANZAR/Super rugby future format

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Biffo said:
As for SARU decamping to the "NH" .... :lmao: :lmao: . Haven't you got a better negotiating tool than the never-ending threats to take your ball and go home?

** Vision, by definition, can concern only the future :)
Well for your sake I hope they do. In fact it make a lot of sense. Time zone fit us well, the NH have more rugby passion (at least they have bums on seats), we will see much more of the SA players playing north, but most importantly we just may pump more money in their clubs. That mean you will left here with less players and a fucked no meaning competition. I'd also like to see us scrap the 3 Nations and see tour to and from NZ. A total cut our of Aussie rugby if it depend on a sucker like yourself. Your lot cant even start a local provincial competition. We make a club competition works, just show how fucked you'd be left.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
All I want is strong competition for the Aus sides and rugby growing.

If the Boks choose to leave, I would be very happy to have an "Anzac" NPC with the 4 Aus currents sides included and even a 5th side playing in the division two with the comp have two full rounds.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
Biffo said:
As for SARU decamping to the "NH" .... :lmao: :lmao: . Haven't you got a better negotiating tool than the never-ending threats to take your ball and go home?

Well for your sake I hope they do. In fact it make a lot of sense. Time zone fit us well, the NH have more rugby passion (at least they have bums on seats), we will see much more of the SA players playing north, but most importantly we just may pump more money in their clubs. That mean you will left here with less players and a fucked no meaning competition. I'd also like to see us scrap the 3 Nations and see tour to and from NZ. A total cut our of Aussie rugby if it depend on a sucker like yourself. Your lot cant even start a local provincial competition. We make a club competition works, just show how fucked you'd be left.

Playing when?

Munster vs the Sharks in Durban in December ............... yeah that would work.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
PhucNgo said:
PB, just a quick addendum from how to lie with statistics 101.

RSA - per capita GDP $9,767 - popn. 44m
Aus - per capita GDP $36,225 - popn. 21m
NZ - per capita GSP $26,610 - popn. 4m

Guess where the market is?

Does anyone have stats on cable tv heads per whatever of population?
Do can try as many stats like you wish. The fact is that market of yours are pretty much rugby fucked. Just look what you get on TV over there. Blou sweet vokol compare what we get over here. Here we have 2 rugby channels running 24 hours a day and get a look into all the rugby playing where ever.

Thats what count. Your lot love to watch other sport and wont look at rugby because they dont have a rugby culture not even close to us.

and thats where ONeil lost the plot completely because he'll never understand the SA or Kiwi market. He may have the Kiwis on the balls but he'll never come even close to the Saffers ones.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
My understanding is that the three nations have agreed that the future S14 should be something like:

1. Three "conferences" - RSA, NZ, Australia.

2. Each team plays all the others in its conference twice - home and away.

3. Each team than plays all the teams in the other conference, once only.

4. There is a six-team finals series.

Now, let us look ahead a little and imagine that the propose format is agreed. O'Neill has proposed that the fifth spot in the the Australia conference be decided by open global competition. Anyone, anywhere can apply and be considered. Clear? If that happens, it then become O'Neill's job to fight as hard as he can to get an Australian team as the fifth in the conference. Please don't confuse John O'Neill's policy-making role at SANZAR with his operational role to maximize Australia's benefit from the new format.

South Africans provide and huge, rich and unintended vein of humour whenever policy analysis is under way. We have had a suggestion, from some quarters, that an Eastern Cape team from RAS be given the rights to the fifth spot in the Australia conference. This cracks me up - of what benefit to any being could a South African team in the Australia conference ever be? Many South Africans have mooaned (sic) for 15 years about how the travel is so much harder on South Africans than on Australians or New Zealanders - evidence of physical inferiority, perhaps? :) Now, a sizeable body of RSA "opinion" wants to increase the travel for a sixth SA team!!! This comes while the number 4 or 5 province in RSA has had 18 starts in Australia and NZ for 18 losses. Get the logic in all of this? ???

As for Luke Watson's proposal for the sixth team, let us put that to rest very quickly. It brings great discredit on himself, SARU and RSA rugby in general. It is hard to find the words to put a judgement on it.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
fatprop said:
PaarlBok said:
Biffo said:

Playing when?

Munster vs the Sharks in Durban in December ............... yeah that would work.
Well the Bokke play rugby in December if I am not mistaken. Pretty sure if the money is right rugby will be popular around here Jan-Dec. Sure they can make things shift timewise. Thats no problem.

P

PhucNgo

PaarlBok said:
PhucNgo said:

Do can try as many stats like you wish. The fact is that market of yours are pretty much rugby fucked. Just look what you get on TV over there. Blou sweet vokol compare what we get over here. Here we have 2 rugby channels running 24 hours a day and get a look into all the rugby playing where ever.

Thats what count. Your lot love to watch other sport and wont look at rugby because they dont have a rugby culture not even close to us.

and thats where ONeil lost the plot completely because he'll never understand the SA or Kiwi market. He may have the Kiwis on the balls but he'll never come even close to the Saffers ones.

A singularly unpleasant experience I'm sure.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Biffo said:
My understanding is that the three nations have agreed that the future S14 should be something like:

Now, let us look ahead a little and imagine that the propose format is agreed. O'Neill has proposed that the fifth spot in the the Australia conference be decided by open global competition. Anyone, anywhere can apply and be considered. Clear? If that happens, it then become O'Neill's job to fight as hard as he can to get an Australian team as the fifth in the conference. Please don't confuse John O'Neill's policy-making role at SANZAR with his operational role to maximize Australia's benefit from the new format.

South Africans provide and huge, rich and unintended vein of humour whenever policy analysis is under way. We have had a suggestion, from some quarters, that an Eastern Cape team from RAS be given the rights to the fifth spot in the Australia conference. This cracks me up - of what benefit to any being could a South African team in the Australia conference ever be? Many South Africans have mooaned (sic) for 15 years about how the travel is so much harder on South Africans than on Australians or New Zealanders - evidence of physical inferiority, perhaps? :) Now, a sizeable body of RSA "opinion" wants to increase the travel for a sixth SA team!!! This comes while the number 4 or 5 province in RSA has had 18 starts in Australia and NZ for 18 losses. Get the logic in all of this? ???

As for Luke Watson's proposal for the sixth team, let us put that to rest very quickly. It brings great discredit on himself, SARU and RSA rugby in general. It is hard to find the words to put a judgement on it.
and thats precisely where you lost the plot completely because you know vokol about the roots of our rugby structure. Everyone is pretty much quick on the Cheetahs case because they dont know where rugby starts in the EC nor the Cheetahs.

Our rugby dont need to go out and buy some league hot stars to make up our numbers, go read your own thread about it. We develope them from grassroots and you'll find them in the Eastern Cape (have a added bonus of tapping into a huge black poofball Xhosa unearthed market) and Osfontein or Cheetahland.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I have read many opinions of South Africans that they should play in the "NH" because of the compatibility of time zones. There are two failings in this opinion.

First, only a small part of the Northern Hemisphere has time zones within one or two hours of RSA. much of the Northern Hemisphere has time zones as far away as those of NZ and Australia, believe it or not. The South Africans really mean "Europe", when they say or write "the NH".

Second, the authors of the opinions on compatibility of time zones are always completely at a loss when challenged on the issues of seasons. I am yet to hear or read from a South African proponent of picking up their ball and taking it to Europe just how the incompatibility of seasons would be handled. Many others point out to the South Africans that for example, Ulster might not fancy heading to Durban in December or that the Western Stormers might not feel too comfortable in Edinburgh in January. There is never an answer to this serious point.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
PhucNgo said:
PaarlBok said:
PhucNgo said:

A singularly unpleasant experience I'm sure.
Ja something like yourself.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
Biffo said:

and thats precisely where you lost the plot completely because you know vokol about the roots of our rugby structure. Everyone is pretty much quick on the Cheetahs case because they dont know where rugby starts in the EC nor the Cheetahs.

Our rugby dont need to go out and buy some league hot stars to make up our numbers, go read your own thread about it. We develope them from grassroots and you'll find them in the Eastern Cape (have a added bonus of tapping into a huge black poofball Xhosa unearthed market) and Osfontein or Cheetahland.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Biffo said:
I have read many opinions of South Africans that they should play in the "NH" because of the compatibility of time zones. There are two failings in this opinion.

First, only a small part of the Northern Hemisphere has time zones within one or two hours of RSA. much of the Northern Hemisphere has time zones as far away as those of NZ and Australia, believe it or not. The South Africans really mean "Europe", when they say or write "the NH".

Second, the authors of the opinions on compatibility of time zones are always completely at a loss when challenged on the issues of seasons. I am yet to hear or read from a South African proponent of picking up their ball and taking it to Europe just how the incompatibility of seasons would be handled. Many others point out to the South Africans that for example, Ulster might not fancy heading to Durban in December or that the Western Stormers might not feel too comfortable in Edinburgh in January. There is never an answer to this serious point.
Trust me the weather is much more cooler in SA in December to what it is at the moment.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Biffo said:
PaarlBok said:
Biffo said:

Try to tell me something?

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
Everyone is pretty much quick on the Cheetahs case because they dont know where rugby starts in the EC nor the Cheetahs.

Everyone, including South African rugby people, SHOULD be on the Cheetahs' case. They are, plain and simple, not worth their place in the S14 and should be replaced - PROVIDE South Africa can find a team capable of being competitive.

[/quote]Our rugby dont need to go out and buy some league hot stars to make up our numbers, go read your own thread about it. [/quote]

Please give me a reference to my thread on this subject.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Biffo said:
Everyone, including South African rugby people, SHOULD be on the Cheetahs' case. They are, plain and simple, not worth their place in the S14 and should be replaced - PROVIDE South Africa can find a team capable of being competitive.
SA's top rugby school is in Osfontein, Grey College. Not only have they the most current Bok players in the sqaud but they have produced the most Springbok since isolation.

How strong do you think they will be with players like Francois Steyn, Francois Pienaar, Bismarck & Jannie du Plessis & Stegman playing for them?

When I said yopu I mean TYS thread about your suppose new team.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
Biffo said:
SA's top rugby school is in Osfontein, Grey College. Not only have they the most current Bok players in the sqaud but they have produced the most Springbok since isolation.

How strong do you think they will be with players like Francois Steyn, Francois Pienaar, Bismarck & Jannie du Plessis & Stegman playing for them?

When I said yopu I mean TYS thread about your suppose new team.

MY "suppose new team". ??? ??? ??? Just when did I post on TSF that I should have a new team? I have not posted to TSF since 2004.

Oh well, just another example of a South African personal attack, regardless of fact, in place of reasoned discussion.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Ag no sense try and take this one futher. Obvious dont know the differense between TYS & TSF. :nta:

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
Ag no sense try and take this one futher. Obvious dont know the differense between TYS & TSF. :nta:

Just who doesn't know the difference between TYS and TSF?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Play the ball not the man, or it gets boring fast. And then we WON'T be able to tell the difference between TYS and TSF. :police:

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Scarfman said:
Play the ball not the man, or it gets boring fast. And then we WON'T be able to tell the difference between TYS and TSF. :police:

You talking to me? ???

Status
Not open for further replies.