• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SBW set to walk out on NZRU

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

actually no NRL club would sign with him, he isnt allowed to return to the NRL until 2012

U

undercoverkiwi

Well, well. What a massive surprise. I NEVER saw this coming.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Hope the Kiwis don't totally buy into the media frenzy that is gonna surround this. I for one don't for a second think he is expecting or demanding a jersey. Mundine on the other hand is, to hijack a phrase used on TSF, a pistonwristedgibbon.

Many do & I'm one of them. Look, he said he was going to commit.. then 2 days after that wanker Mundine tweets to him "Bra, we gotta get you outta there" or some horseshit, all of a sudden he's not committed because "a man is allowed to change his mind".

Crow

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Given Mundine coming out this week in support of SBW being in the WC Squad, I think he's nervous about being selected and his manager is attempting a little blackmail.
Going back to the NRL is almost certainly off - Can't have a pay cut now, can we?

U

undercoverkiwi

Given Mundine coming out this week in support of SBW being in the WC Squad, I think he's nervous about being selected and his manager is attempting a little blackmail.
Going back to the NRL is almost certainly off - Can't have a pay cut now, can we?

Toulon for a year, back to the NRL in 2013 (he's banned until 2013).

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
I completely rate the guy, more than Nonu in fact. I think Nonu is prone to brain fades in defense that our backline can prey on. But for some reason that isn't apparent to me SBW spends all of his time playing the team game when he should back himself to break the line more often. Maybe its a league thing. I genuinely believe he has the potential to be as dangerous as Fourie in attack, while still being one of the best defensive centres in rugby. Not gonna happen tho, Nonu has played superbly and locked him out. SBW needed to shred the Boks line a few times the other week, but instead he played the percentages game. Ironic in a team that plays percentages, eh?

As good as Nonu is, SBW has it in him to be more dangerous at linebreaks in my view, but his chance to prove it is dwindling very fast indeed and he has no one to blame but himself.

I also wonder if he realises how badly his reputation is being sunk by his manager?

Did you watch the game on the weekend? Nonu was on fire and their best player in spite of Carter being under pressure.

If SBW 'Revolutionised Rugby' as Mundine put it. He would have turned that game in SA on it's head and won games.

Not this year, maybe not next year but definitely the year after he could potentially be the best 12 in the world IMO.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Nonu has to be one of the best handful of players in the World this year on his form.

Unless he has a horrible World Cup, he has to be a contender for international player of the year.

He and Smith have been sensational. Something about putting on the black jersey turns those two into freaks.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
well well well> i suggested this might happen a few months ago and got shot down like an enemy plane for questioning his character
hes a talent no doubt an could go down as a great.... but listening to mundine and his manager is jus gunna piss everyone off>>
id like to wait untill he signs for someone next year but we cant even trust that
btw league would take him back in a second> and claim it as a win over union
i reall hope he can just knuckle down ad avoid all this crap in the media every few weeks

T

TOCC

Nonu has to be one of the best handful of players in the World this year on his form.

Unless he has a horrible World Cup, he has to be a contender for international player of the year.

How does the IRB player of the year work, do they factor in club performances?? If so Nonus super rugby season will count as a black mark against his name

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRB_International_Player_of_the_Year

IRB Player of the Year is an accolade awarded annually by the International Rugby Board. It is awarded to the player who is adjudged to have been the best performer in rugby union internationals in the preceding season (which extends from the Autumn internationals of the previous year to the end of the current year's Tri-Nations Series. In a year when the Rugby World Cup tournament is staged, performances in that event are also taken into account. It was first awarded in 2001.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

Mundine should just keep his mouth shut... he ruined Greg Inglis and now he's ruining Sonny Bill.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Many do & I'm one of them. Look, he said he was going to commit.. then 2 days after that wanker Mundine tweets to him "Bra, we gotta get you outta there" or some horseshit, all of a sudden he's not committed because "a man is allowed to change his mind".

Agree 100% MR. Doubly appalling was the 'I'm wholeheartedly committing to a 2012 for rugby in NZ as people have treated me so well, offered me so much support' etc.. and then to have the pathetic hypocrisy to effectively say: 'well, I didn't really value all that support so much after all if the NZRU/ABs whomever don't give me exactly what I want right now...'.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Mundine should just keep his mouth shut... he ruined Greg Inglis and now he's ruining Sonny Bill.

He doesn't just stop at football.

He became a big influence over the Aussie cricketer Phil Hughes and he went downhill rapidly. Thankfully it seems that association has largely been nipped in the bud.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Did you watch the game on the weekend? Nonu was on fire and their best player in spite of Carter being under pressure.

If SBW 'Revolutionised Rugby' as Mundine put it. He would have turned that game in SA on it's head and won games.

Not this year, maybe not next year but definitely the year after he could potentially be the best 12 in the world IMO.

Yeah enjoyed his game a lot, it has been great to see Nonu play so well after a rubbish year under Hammett. I'm just surprised SBW didn't push his own wheelbarrow more vs Boks in SA.

A

antipodean

I went to the Captain's Run on Friday at Suncorp. As SBW wasn't in the 22, he sat on his arse fiddling with his ipod. Other All Blacks who did some light training come across and happily signed autographs and posed for photos. Players like Brad Thorn, Owen Franks, Piri Weepu, Victor Vito, John Afoa, Sam Whitelock, Jimmy Cowan, Israel Dagg... Mils spent quite some time training and was visibly sweating when he came over to the fans.

While this clown receives advice from people like Mundine, he's never going to understand the All Blacks brand is bigger than him. I don't care how nice he is, if he behaves like this then don't let the door hit you on your arse on the way out Sonny. At best you're going to be pub trivia once you've retired.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
My sources tell me he's close to inking a deal to play with Karmichael at the Gold Coast Suns. Plenty of bucks, no earth quakes what more could he want?

Status
Not open for further replies.