• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

School sporting scholarships/recruitment

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
The great CHeir Maker (Newington) has been replaced by Makuach Maluach from Armidale (Year 9), and his two brothers will be close behind - clearly the Sudanese link is in full affect thanks to Ed Smith. All these boys are State athletes. TSC will have to maybe go searching into their indigenous program to keep up with this trend.

In defence of TSC's indigenous program, I'd say that the vast majority of boys brought to the school in that scheme are truly deserving of their indigenous scholarships. They will have been very deserving recipients, having suffered significant educational disadvantage in their upbringing. Sporting prowess is not a criterion of TSC's indigenous program.
TSC has (or had?) a separate, distinctive sporting scholarship strategy.

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
Just a question, how many of the scots 1st XV pay full school fews??? Because I've been following both the current year 11 and 12 year groups and there seem to be quite a lot of new names that came in particularly last year in the 16's. Additionally not many of their teams apart from the 1st's win???

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Just a question, how many of the scots 1st XV pay full school fews??? Because I've been following both the current year 11 and 12 year groups and there seem to be quite a lot of new names that came in particularly last year in the 16's. Additionally not many of their teams apart from the 1st's win???
I believe this has been answered about a dozen times in this thread.
I know it's long, but you could read it and see?
Just a thought.

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
I believe this has been answered about a dozen times in this thread.
I know it's long, but you could read it and see?
Just a thought.

Sorry I find this site quite confusing the way it is set out. However seeing as your so brilliant maybe you could help me out and tell me????

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Its not sport though.... Its bubble ball.
Sort of like aussie rules but at least you can go overseas with this silly game.

Just to remind you that this is Green and Gold RUGBY forum too...
Is that a little obtuse for here?

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Sorry I find this site quite confusing the way it is set out. However seeing as your so brilliant maybe you could help me out and tell me????

Go to search box near top right - click, then enter "quick hands" in posted by box, click search and you will have a condensed version of what has been a long drama. For balance, repeat process but this time enter "dodgyknee" and click search.

GPSSPORT

Frank Row (1)
A post from this website

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/34732-sporting-scholarships-sydney-boys-high-school/

Tim Hawkes from the Kings School leads a boycott against the Scots College last year. Nek minnit, gives the go-ahead on giving Adam Lulka from Penrith U18M1 (NSW Metro player) a full ride/scholarship.

This upcoming seasons starting 5 from Kings will probably look like this;
1. Josh Green (this is a guess) (Hills/Penrith)
2. Jayden Prakash (NSW METRO) (Hills)
3. Jay Green (NSW METRO) (Hills/Penrith)
4. Will Pearce (Hills)
5. Adam Lulka (NSW METRO) (Penrith)

These 5 kids are either:
1. The coaches sons
2. From previous associations the coach has been involved in (Hills)
3. Are part of the current association he is involved with (Penrith)

But hey, Timmy condones the idea of giving out a few scholarships/bursaries here and there, just not buying an entire team. So I guess perhaps a heavily discounted
school-fee package for the coach's two sons plus a few (3) scholarships is alright.

Fair game for other GPS schools me thinks.

whistleblower

Bob McCowan (2)
Friends of Scots Rugby is calling on all Scots parents, from all years, to postpone this terms Voluntary Building Fund Donation until a satisfactory resolution can be found to the problem of the excessive bursaries.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
A post from this website

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/34732-sporting-scholarships-sydney-boys-high-school/

Tim Hawkes from the Kings School leads a boycott against the Scots College last year. Nek minnit, gives the go-ahead on giving Adam Lulka from Penrith U18M1 (NSW Metro player) a full ride/scholarship.

This upcoming seasons starting 5 from Kings will probably look like this;
1. Josh Green (this is a guess) (Hills/Penrith)
2. Jayden Prakash (NSW METRO) (Hills)
3. Jay Green (NSW METRO) (Hills/Penrith)
4. Will Pearce (Hills)
5. Adam Lulka (NSW METRO) (Penrith)

These 5 kids are either:
1. The coaches sons
2. From previous associations the coach has been involved in (Hills)
3. Are part of the current association he is involved with (Penrith)

But hey, Timmy condones the idea of giving out a few scholarships/bursaries here and there, just not buying an entire team. So I guess perhaps a heavily discounted
school-fee package for the coach's two sons plus a few (3) scholarships is alright.

Fair game for other GPS schools me thinks.

Him Tawkes should have some thing to say on this: he's always quick to comment on others

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Unfortunately schools like Shore, that have a huge demographic pull, do not need to compete and will become 2nd tier in all sports but rowing, where late developers are valued. The AAGPS has some real issues that refuse to disappear, the biggest being the economic reality of being a fee based school. Bring on total warfare and let this thread die!
PS the upcoming basketball season should be a cracker with 4 super teams plus a competitive Joeys and numbers based Iggies. Grammar and Shore should consider transitioning to Volleyball!

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Friends of Scots Rugby is calling on all Scots parents, from all years, to postpone this terms Voluntary Building Fund Donation until a satisfactory resolution can be found to the problem of the excessive bursaries.

This is a huge dent in the facade of denial (and slight walk-back) put forward by the Principal. It is not often that GPS parents publicly enter into a dispute with a Principal.
Is "Friends of Scots Rugby" a new name for the old "Rugby Support Group"?