• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Schoolboy Rugby Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
I hear that there was a particularly nasty incident in a SJRU 14A game yesterday.

A Manly Vikings player was king hit from behind by a Canterbury player (who was twice his weight BTW), and was unconscious on the field for 5 minutes as a result.

Hope that SJRU judiciary take strong action.

Didn't know this thread existed. Hope to never come here again.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
^^^ Agreed. I hope the young Manly player recovers both physically and mentally. This is not the society that he needs to grow up in. I wish no ill to the ex rugby player from Canterbury. Except that he never darken the door of Rugby again

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
^^^ Agreed. I hope the young Manly player recovers both physically and mentally. This is not the society that he needs to grow up in. I wish no ill to the ex rugby player from Canterbury. Except that he never darken the door of Rugby again

Saw the boy and his mother this afternoon. He still looks pale and very subdued. That it could have been a lot worse is the only bright side to the tale.

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I hear that there was a particularly nasty incident in a SJRU 14A game yesterday.

A Manly Vikings player was king hit from behind by a Canterbury player (who was twice his weight BTW), and was unconscious on the field for 5 minutes as a result.

Hope that SJRU judiciary take strong action.

NASTY! If what you say is true, is it not a "coward punch" which would attract jail time if committed on the street by an 18 year old? The judiciary MUST take strong action!

Status
Not open for further replies.