• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Schools Sevens Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Great report 'ilove' ^^^^^

Thanks.

Sounds like NSW 1 are the team to beat again. The semis and finals will be well worth a watch later today via the live streaming

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
SA seals it in the last seconds against NT. Been enjoying what I've seen of the Men's competition. Lots of talent throughout the teams though highly concentrated in NSW and QLD 1.

As for the Womens, both the NSW and QLD squads look slick from the limited amount I've seen.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
WA emerge victorious over Vic. 22-7. Probably the least composed game from WA all weekend from what I've seen. So the top 4 for the Mens will be either one of NSW or QLD at 1 or 2 with WA being 3rd and Vic 4th.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Rubbish effort from the ref in the Womens final. Truly terrible. Anyway, congratulations to Qld. I should npte that I'm not suggesting the result would have been any different.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Congratulations to NSW 1 for winning the tournament and congratulations to Billy Smith (NSW 1 and Scots) for winning 'Player of the Tournament'

Rachet_84

Ward Prentice (10)
World School Sevens Tournament

The inaugural GJ Gardner World Schools Sevens pilot event will take place on Saturday December 17th at Sacred Heart College. It will feature ten teams, six in the boys division and four in the girls division.

The boys teams are Australia, NZ Condors, NZ Maori, NZ Fijians, Samoan Barbarians and the Cook Islands. The girls teams are Australia, NZ Condors, NZ Wasps, Samoan Barbarians. The tournament will take place from 10am-4:30pm and will be live on Sky Sport. We will be launching a Facebook page “World School Sevens” with results and photo’s.

The event gives an opportunity for the top U18 boys and girls to compete on an International stagehand provide New Zealand rugby with the next layer of talent. The majority of players have also played in the recent National Secondary School Sevens Finals known as the Condors last weekend.But we wanted to give an opportunity to the few who didn’t play at the Condors as well.

Boys Teams

NZ Maori 7's Invitational
NZ Condors 7's Invitational
Australia
Samoan Barbarians
Cook Island
NZ Fijians

Girls Teams

NZ Condors 7's Invitational
NZ Wasps 7's Invitational
Australia
Samoan Barbarians

Rachet_84

Ward Prentice (10)
AUSTRALIAN YOUTH GIRLS TEAM - u18
Millie Boyle, NSW
Claudia Obst, NSW
Brydie Parker, NSW
Lily Dick, Queensland – Palm Beach Currumbin, Gold Coast
Kiara Taylor, Queensland – Tribe 7s, Toowoomba
Elizabeth De Lange, Queensland – University of Queensland, Brisbane
Nat Crow, NSW
Page McGregor, NSW
Demi Hayes, Queensland – Tribe 7s, Glenmorgan
Hannah Southwell, NSW
Tiarna Molloy, NSW
Abby Holmes, NSW
Katie Curtis, Queensland – University of Queensland, Gold Coast

AUSTRALIAN YOUTH BOYS TEAM - 18
Tayn Atkins, ACT
Caleb Malisauskas, ACT
James Armstrong, NSW
Dylan Pietsch, NSW
Connor Size, NSW
Matthew McTaggart, NSW
Will Terry, NSW
Nic Donghi, VIC
Oisin Clarken, VIC
Henricus Van Der Heyden, WA
Isaac Lucas, Queensland – Sunnybank, Brisbane
Samuel Wallis, Queensland – University of Queensland, Brisbane
Tate McDermott, Queensland – Maroochydore Swans, Sunshine Coast

Rachet_84

Ward Prentice (10)
# From Australian Mens Rugby Sevens facebook profile -

Congratulations to the #Aussie7s U18 Men taking out the inaugural World School 7s in Auckland today, downing Samoa with a last gasp try to Queenslander Sam Wallis!

The full squad is listed below and includes Dylan Pietsch and Matthew McTaggart, who will both start training with the main #Aussie7s Men's squad in January, along with Isaac Lucas, the fourth Lucas brother to represent Australian in the short format of the game!

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/…/watch-australia-break-samoas-heart…

#Aussie7s Men U18 Squad

Tayn Atkins, ACT
Caleb Malisauskas, ACT
James Armstrong, NSW
Dylan Pietsch, NSW
Connor Size, NSW
Matthew McTaggart, NSW
Will Terry, NSW
Nic Donghi, VIC
Oisin Clarken, VIC
Isaac Lucas, QLD
Samuel Wallis, QLD
Tate McDermott, QLD

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/spo...chools-7s-final-sensational-clutch-play-death

https://www.facebook.com/australianmensrugbysevens/?fref=ts

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
# From Australian Mens Rugby Sevens facebook profile -

Congratulations to the #Aussie7s U18 Men taking out the inaugural World School 7s in Auckland today, downing Samoa with a last gasp try to Queenslander Sam Wallis!

The full squad is listed below and includes Dylan Pietsch and Matthew McTaggart, who will both start training with the main #Aussie7s Men's squad in January, along with Isaac Lucas, the fourth Lucas brother to represent Australian in the short format of the game!

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/…/watch-australia-break-samoas-heart…

#Aussie7s Men U18 Squad

Tayn Atkins, ACT
Caleb Malisauskas, ACT
James Armstrong, NSW
Dylan Pietsch, NSW
Connor Size, NSW
Matthew McTaggart, NSW
Will Terry, NSW
Nic Donghi, VIC
Oisin Clarken, VIC
Isaac Lucas, QLD
Samuel Wallis, QLD
Tate McDermott, QLD

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/spo...chools-7s-final-sensational-clutch-play-death

https://www.facebook.com/australianmensrugbysevens/?fref=ts

How many of these players were in Perth for the U17's youth tournament?

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
How many of these players were in Perth for the U17's youth tournament?

At a glance, I don't think any. They are a year older after all.

TBH, the U18 International Tournament looked a bit shit from what I saw.

I think Aus won because we were the only union to put together a true national squad (and a good one considering, for example, Oisin Clarken was a Super 20s starter in 2016 and only didn't make Aus schools because he doesn't go to school).

Status
Not open for further replies.