• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Scotland v Australia 12Nov16 Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalai Ninja

Ward Prentice (10)
The post-match analysis on Beinsports is so much better than Fox.

Just went through all the pushed passes that frustrated the shit out of me during the match.

Bring on the French and hopefully massive improvement. Otherwise the last 2 weeks of the tour will be tough to watch.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

We always have a 'bad' game. This one we squeaked.

No disrespect to the Scots, who were excellent, and really should cut up lots of other teams with that counter-attacking.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
The post-match analysis on Beinsports is so much better than Fox.

Just went through all the pushed passes that frustrated the shit out of me during the match.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Their commentary includes Greg Martin, Rod Kafer, and Phil Kearns, three of the saltiest men in Australian Rugby. Of course it's going to be Wallabies cheerleading.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Convincing win by the Wallabies With Ireland and England coming up.
Big thanks to Skelton on proving my selection as Wallaby player. See you next week on the paddock.

Dalai Ninja

Ward Prentice (10)
Convincing win by the Wallabies With Ireland and England coming up.
Big thanks to Skelton on proving my selection as Wallaby player. See you next week on the paddock.

There's a secret corner of Australia, where people mutter darkly, and stick pins in Wallaby dolls. The negative here is a real fcuking turn-off.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well a win is a win.....and whilst could lament wallabies high number of unforced errors...but credit where credit due for Scotland performance as they played well.

The good is Folau back to getting regularly involved. Speight on other hand convinced no one he deserves to be retained. Time for Naivalu to start instead of Speight as why Speight ever deserved to start or be picked for this tour instead of Morohan was beyond me. Speight is just not the answer.

After watching SA against England I still much happier to be Wallaby supporter than Saffa supporter, as I think the scoreline flatter SA, as they just look so ordinary in what they do.

But still much to improve with wallabies but I think got mostly the right players who are young and will continue to improve over time. But clearly not where want to be with more clinical execution at AB levels or even levels Irish showed against AB's last week.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Skelton was given a chance and blew it. Plane home. He probably won't be sent home though as the injury to Coleman doesn't look great, we will probably see Carter join the squad.

The break by TK was the best part of his try, he had 3 blokes outside him and he very nearly knocked it on. As others mentioned it merely negated the try he gifted Scotland in the first half.

Scotland seriously are our bogie team. We'll take the win but that was heart stopping. I understand the rationale for taking the scrum at the end but I would have thought booting it up field and then a line out throw to the front would have been a safer option.

Mumm and Simmons both good replacements I thought. I'm not as down on Speight as some others, I think he has a different role than what we expect from a winger - a 'forack' as McQueen calls it, and he seems to be the 'dummy half' as well.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Coleman was in a knee brace following the game with reported medial ligament damage.

It's very 'convenient' that we have players in the region on a contiki tour for Barabarian's games.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
What annoyed me most was when he came back and we were still going after the bell he was stepping past the ruck to push players with no reason and swinging his arms around. He must want to draw a penalty and lose the game.

Ridiculous, he also went into a couple more rucks at the death going off his feet leading with that big right shoulder to clear out. He could easily have been marched. He looks as though he is trying to hurt opposition players illegally. Is that unfair comment? I really don't think we need that in the squad. Hope that is the end of him in gold for now.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
However, its interesting that Skelton got a yellow card for his actions this week, while Kepu did exactly the same last week and only got a penalty.

Consistency, refs. Just make up your minds.

T

TOCC

I thought it was poor composure by the Wallabies tonight, too many forced passes when they should have held the ball and built pressure.. Genia and Foley did it once and Folau did it 2 or 3 times with the try line in sight, turning the ball over and relieving pressure on Scotland

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
However, its interesting that Skelton got a yellow card for his actions this week, while Kepu did exactly the same last week and only got a penalty.

Consistency, refs. Just make up your minds.
I reckon Skelton might even get a few weeks off for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.