• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Scotland v Australia 12Nov16 Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Those penalties are such a fucking stitch up. The tackle was made and its immaterial. Play on. They literally stopped running when they ran into each other.

Edit: it seemed like Genia's pass was supposed to go to Foley and I think that caused a bit of confusion.

deL

Stan Wickham (3)
Those penalties are such a fucking stitch up. The tackle was made and its immaterial. Play on. They literally stopped running when they ran into each other.

Agree about the penalties - the offside blocking/running off the ball at most kickoffs (or the blocking on Hodge pointed out at the start of the match on a Scotland break) has more of an impact than an obstruction like that. They are just ignored though.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
They're throwing runners at Hodge's right shoulder. One of them will squeeze out an offload and we'll be in trouble. Our defense seems stretched in relatively simple open play.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Scotland getting away with a bit at the breakdown. we had a lot of momentum then and one of the Scots hand his hands all over the ball which slowed Genia's ability to get to it immensely.

"Hands off"

Yeah well fucking penalise him then.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Scotland getting away with murder here. This is frustrating officiating. They've got their hands on the ball at every ruck.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Got to say going off his first half performance I think the Speight experiment isn't working.

I hope he proves me wrong in the second half though.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
That said, Scotland are making their own luck; for a lot of that half, they have been guard at the breakdown, and their backs are asking questions of our defence.

All well and good for us to look dangerous against some pretty ordinary opposition, but gee, we look stretched against any quality. We need to stop hanging around our cricketers.

Major Spliff Biggins

Fred Wood (13)
And the line outs are as straight as Elton John.

But still, plenty of pluck from Scotland. Australia are flustered and getting out enthused.

A lot of work to do in second half.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
They're shooting up quick as well - wouldn't mind seeing a chip over the top to sit them down.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Meh they are getting away with it at the breakdown but the calls usually go with the dominant team and that sure as shit isnt us. Defense welsh-like, backline look confused going forward. Scotland targeting our weaknesses superbly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.