• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Scotland v Australia, Murrayfield, 5am 24 Nov 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Simmons seems to be learning with time. That is promising. He is making more of an impact now than he was earlier. This may be because the opposition are of a lower standard than B&I Lions or the #1or #2 ranked teams that the Wobs faced earlier in the year, or because he is listening to his coaches and learning, or a combination of both.

Unfortunately the Wobs are not in a position where they can afford to be a finishing school. Another year or two of being knocked around in Soup Rugby may be needed if he can't smarten his act up.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Rob is certainly growing as a player. If he can cut out the silly undisciplined stuff he may yet turn out to be a quality international lock.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Think Simmo was always a talented lad in a big body.

He is now 24, got a fair bit of experience, and has mentally grown into that impreswive physique. He will be a long-term lock for Australia.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Simmo should probably look at Eben Elzebeth from the Springbok as the player he needs to excel.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Think Simmo was always a talented lad in a big body.

He is now 24, got a fair bit of experience, and has mentally grown into that impreswive physique. He will be a long-term lock for Australia.

I was actually never impressed with Simmons. Couldn't understand why he kept getting picked. This season I'm impressed.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
just had a squiz at rugby stats tackles for this game - interesting

Slipper 18 (80mins)
Moore 9 (77 minutes)
Kepu 7 (58 minutes)
Simmo 14 (70 minutes)
Horwill 9 (58 minutes)
Fardy 10 (75 minutes)
Hooper 15 (80 minutes)
Mowen 11 (80 minutes)

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
just had a squiz at rugby stats tackles for this game - interesting

Slipper 18 (80mins)
Moore 9 (77 minutes)
Kepu 7 (58 minutes)
Simmo 14 (70 minutes)
Horwill 9 (58 minutes)
Fardy 10 (75 minutes)
Hooper 15 (80 minutes)
Mowen 11 (80 minutes)

what about Timani? Didn't see 1 tackle of his. Lot's of 1st post hand in the air stuff though.

And Alexander, I reckon his big hit should count for at least 2 tackles

Status
Not open for further replies.