• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Scotland v Australia - Sunday 26 November 1:30am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Should be an interesting match for Sio.

Heard he was conceived by his parents on a tour to Scotland (when his Dad was playing rugby) and subsequently named Scot. (I might be totally wrong but don't think so).

I'm glad his old man wasn't playing Georgia at the time.
It relates to the 1991 RWC. Scott's Dad David was playing for Samoa. Scott had just been born in Sydney and hadn't been named yet.

The story goes that if Samoa had won their quarter final 3 days later against Scotland they would have named him Manu (I think), but Scotland won so they named him Scott.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Hooper must be desperate for a rest at this point. Has he missed any rugby besides the Barbarians game since Super Rugby kicked off? Seriously risking burn-out with him.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
RefereePascal Gauzere (France)
Assistant 1JP Doyle (England)
Assistant 2David Wilkinson (Ireland)
TMOGraham Hughes (England)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
You probably think that BH but I do not. But he can say that Moore is a shit scrummager and the other bloke is probably the best scrummaging hooker in the world. And if we want to have a competitive scrum you (Chek) should pick Taf. Seems fairly simple

I think it is unreasonable to suggest "Moore is a shit scrummager", actually it is rubbish

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
After the England game i really couldn't give a shit if we win or lose. I'd rather just rest a bunch of players and give a chance to all those who didn't get a chance. I suppose it is a test though, so it'll be the best team forward.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Why rest anyone. Don't the lads have the next 4 weeks (after the game) on holidays, then back to super training and play again in a total of about 8 - 10 weeks.

Reckon Chek should pick the best possible team and try and come away with the win. He won't do that and will pick some blokes who haven't played on tour as of yet

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I don't think there will be any players rested for this game. While I would like to see Rob Simmons "rested" I wonder who else could be given the task of calling the lineout? At least we will see a change in the backrow with Hanigan now on his way back home. Looking like McCalman might get the No 8 spot with McMahon moving to 6, and Timani on the bench.

I expect to see the bench revert to a 5/3 makeup given the shortage of forward reserves to fill 6 spots on the bench.

IMO this is a must win game for the Wallabies. A loss will mean another poor season despite the recent win over the ABs.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't think there will be any players rested for this game. While I would like to see Rob Simmons "rested" I wonder who else could be given the task of calling the lineout?

That role would have to fall to Enever......... and to be fair, he's a pretty exceptional lineout lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.