• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Scott Higginbotham - Liverpool kiss on McCaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

It was stupid and really stupid, as well as being fucking unbelievably stupid.

Aggro is great, but guys like QC (Quade Cooper) and Higgers seems to equate that with idiotic contact. If you want to be aggressive, smash some bodies back at the ruck or put someone into next week with a thumping tackle, why don't you? Why go for the cheap shot and think that is "aggression"?

Thanks Higgers. The boys will send you a postcard from Europe and I'll see you in Rebels colours around Easter.

T

Train Without a Station

I think it's a bit rich for Hansen to moan about referees missing the cheap shotson McCaw when they constantly miss Richie's deliberate, cynical indiscretions. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Certainly not condoning and say the game should go that way but I'm glad higgers did it in this case and he will get the suspension he deserves. When Richie is getting away with murder at the breakdown you cannot complain about the ref missing the niggle. At least that stuff is cited and suspensions are applied as a penalty, I don't see citing commissioners going around docking match points for Richie's indiscretions.

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
I'm sorry but if this bloke wants to continue to fall on the wrong side and the ref doesn't yellow card him then players are going to get frustrated and take the law into their own hands. The only way rugby is going to improve is for rucking to come back. It lets players 'get' the players who are cheating ,legitimately. Richie would do it the times then would have about five broken fingers and no skin left on his back. On a side note Richie and it seems the All Blacks can't handle it when we touch him up and it does upset his game. We need more of it just a little bit cleaner and not so evident Higgers!!

Quite right ,bring back proper rucking.But as I recall it was the Boks and the AB's who were the masters of that.
I think Higgenbottom''s actions were dumb, a yellow card or worse at that time may have had a huge impact on the game. To quote McCaw from his book"'players like that get sorted out"'

slydare

Frank Nicholson (4)
I'm not a fan of the cheap stuff by any means. But the thing that I REALLY don't understand is why be half hearted about it? The downside is pretty clear, but where was the pay off?

D

daz

I think it's a bit rich for Hansen to moan about referees missing the cheap shotson McCaw when they constantly miss Richie's deliberate, cynical indiscretions. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Certainly not condoning and say the game should go that way but I'm glad higgers did it in this case and he will get the suspension he deserves. When Richie is getting away with murder at the breakdown you cannot complain about the ref missing the niggle. At least that stuff is cited and suspensions are applied as a penalty, I don't see citing commissioners going around docking match points for Richie's indiscretions.

Forgetting the argument and differences about what constitutes niggle and cheapshots, are you really glad Higgers did that?

Is it not the ref's job to manage the rules, not the torch-bearing mob? Vigilate justice only works in movies and comic books. It is like mum always said; two wrongs do not make a right.

If absolutely nothing else, we will now likely be down another warm body for the Spring tour. So, you could say that Higgers was not only stupid, but selfish.

Synicbast

Frank Row (1)
There's a fair amount of breathtaking ignorance already in the difference between niggle and cheap thuggery (looking to cause some degree of injury by the nature of an action) displayed in this thread.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Agree it was stupid, don't think for a second the knee (well, bump) was accidental, disagree with the suggestion Richie gets it because he provokes.

Richie gets it because lots of teams, eg Chiefs semi, know having a go at him unsettles not so much Richie, but the whole team.

Tbh I imagine Richie has already forgotten it. Greyling however was on a whole different level of stupid, it had the potential for serious injury.

D

daz

Sorry, one other thing: If that was Higgers getting the knee and head butt from Ruchie instead, would you still be defending that?

Be honest, please.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
oh god, Higgers is now just another player on the kiwi crowd's very long 'must boo at all times to the end of days' list. Even though the actual contacts were soft as, it was dumb to do it so obviously out in front of the cameras and refs. The Archangel Rutchie is much too smart for that. Keep it for the bottom of the rucks eh Ruch.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
There's a fair amount of breathtaking ignorance already in the difference between niggle and cheap thuggery (looking to cause some degree of injury by the nature of an action) displayed in this thread.
Indeed.
I'm amazed that a few are applauding his actions in even an obtuse way as being some type of get back for perceived breakdown indiscretions. It just is not ever appropriate to walk into someone's head, then carry it on with sneaky headbutts.
On niggle, Sharpie got told off by Joubert after he slapped Woodcock on the back as he was about to get carded. It was a little funny.

T

Train Without a Station

I'm not defending it. He didthe crime and will do the time deservingly. I'm just saying I'm glad we were at least willing to have a go at them. I'm also saying it's a fucking cop out for Hansen to complain about the referee missing the cheap shots on Richie when referees constantly miss Richie breaking the rules.​

D

daz

oh god, Higgers is now just another player on the kiwi crowd's very long 'must boo at all times to the end of days' list. Even though the actual contacts were soft as, it was dumb to do it so obviously out in front of the cameras and refs. The Archangel Rutchie is much too smart for that. Keep it for the bottom of the rucks eh Ruch.

So you are saying that it was ok for Higgers to do that, but he should have hidden it better?

Unbelievable.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
On an other forum, AB supporters are wondering why the refs are never picking up these cheap shots on Richie. I don't think they understand the power (or laws) of Richie's "cloak of invisibility". It works around him every time he is offside. So why do supporters think that it magically lifts only when Richie is wronged. The "cloak" does not distinguish it just works anytime Richie is offside.

T

Train Without a Station

My point exactly, Dark Shark. It works both ways.

D

daz

Guys, we need to settle down a bit here. Saying that it is "ok" for Richie to get hit in the head because he is a cheat (or because the ref doesn't see him cheating so a hit is an even up) is simply way out of line.

We do not condone thuggish behaviour. Simple as that.

One warning already given. Please refrain from continuing to go down that path.

Status
Not open for further replies.