• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Semi 2: Stormers vs Tahs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Maybe not as quick as Soweto , still a sold out
Sport24
Vodacom Super 14

Newlands semi sold out

Cape Town - Overnight all available seating and standing tickets for the Vodacom Super 14 semi-final between the Vodacom Stormers and the Waratahs have been sold, it was announced on Wednesday.

There remains a possibility that small amounts of tickets may be returned to the system during the week. Ticket availability updates will be posted on www.iamastormer.com.

Stormers fans in search of tickets for Saturday's Super 14 semifinal showdown with the Waratahs were left fuming on Tuesday morning after the Computicket system crashed.

Irate fans called into radio stations and posted messages on social networking site Twitter, complaining that they had been unable to buy tickets for the Stormers' crunch match against the 'Tahs at Newlands Stadium.
Eyewitness News reported that dozens of fans had been unable to secure tickets after standing in queues for several hours.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
On Saturday night, I'll have no TV and no car. It's an unpromising situation. I'm thinking of checking into a motel with FOX for the night.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
I could offer you a place at Chez Riddler but I'm not sure how Mrs Riddler would react. Plus its a long way from the mountains to the leafy North Shore ;)

C

chief

I have just recieved the most horrible news ever. I will not be at home this Saturday night. Where can I watch this semi final online, I am willing to pay. Is it possible at all?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
chief said:
I have just recieved the most horrible news ever. I will not be at home this Saturday night. Where can I watch this semi final online, I am willing to pay. Is it possible?

Look like they havent loaded anything but I am sure we'll get you watching those Stormers. Pretty sure as a Reds fan you'll back us in the semi. :nta:

C

chief

PaarlBok said:
chief said:
I have just recieved the most horrible news ever. I will not be at home this Saturday night. Where can I watch this semi final online, I am willing to pay. Is it possible at all?

Look like they havent loaded anything but I am sure we'll get you watching those Stormers. Pretty sure as a Reds fan you'll back us in the semi. :nta:

I don't mean to drown your spirits, but NSW unfortunately happen to be my 2nd favourite team. The Stormers rank down that listed somewhere close to 10th-13th.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
15. Joe Pietersen
14. Gio Aplon
13. Jaque Fourie
12. Juan De Jongh
11. Bryan Habana
10. Peter Grant
9. Dewaldt Duvenage
8. Duane Vermeulen
7. Francois Louw
6. Schalk Burger (C)
5. Andries Bekker
4. Adriaan Fondse
3. Brok Harris
2. Tiaan Liebenberg
1. Wicus Blaauw

Reserves
16. Deon Fourie
17. Eusebio Guinazu
18. Anton Van Zyl
19. Pieter Louw
20. Ricky Januarie
21. Willem De Waal
22. Tim Whitehead

Same old same.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Lindommer said:
Where's the Fijian fella? We want him to play.
::) No we hold him back for the probably Crusaders game. Maybe he understand the Kiwi swearing better and always perform against them. You can have Muskiet. Bakkies has shaken him up big time for saturday.

R

RugbyGal

PaarlBok said:
Lindommer said:
::) No we hold him back for the probably Crusaders game. Maybe he understand the Kiwi swearing better and always perform against them. You can have Muskiet. Bakkies has shaken him up big time for saturday.

Nah Oom - Look at how he finished the game. That little guy is like a "dapper muis"!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
RugbyGal said:
PaarlBok said:
Lindommer said:

Nah Oom - Look at how he finished the game. That little guy is like a "dapper muis"!
Dont worry sussie, I have been preaching Muskiet loooong ago, since his Matie days. He let me down a few times but when he run , he run and have a heart as big as Pappegaaiberg in his body.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Waratahs – 15 Kurtley Beale, 14 Lachie Turner, 13 Rob Horne, 12 Tom Carter, 11 Drew Mitchell, 10 Berrick Barnes, 9 Luke Burgess, 8 Ben Mowen, 7 Phil Waugh (c), 6 Patrick McCutcheon, 5 Kane Douglas, 4 Dean Mumm, 3 Al Baxter, 2 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 1 Dan Palmer.
Subs: 16 Damien Fitzpatrick, 17 Jeremy Tilse, 18 Chris Thomson, 19 Dave Dennis, 20 Josh Holmes, 21 Daniel Halangahu, 22 Rory Sidey

Cyril Towers (30)
Would have liked to see Tilse start and Palmer on bench. Hopefully Thomo won't be needed.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Me too, Topo. I thought he had a sensational game last week for one with so little experience at that level. Maybe the thinking is that they want the best scrum for the first half, when I think the Stormers will really attack the set piece, and then bring on Tilse for his work in the open in the second. If so, what happened in the first scrum last Saturday? But Hickey's selections often perplex me.

Not enough is being made of the Waratah weaknesses in the set piece. I think that this is likely to be our Achilles heel this week. Two things concern me:

The scrum and lineout will struggle to even get parity. If we get that it will be a bonus.
That we won't adjust our backline attack to the Stormers different patterns of defence. Little kicks over the top that destroyed the Canes will be swallowed by the Stormers sweepers. We need to do things a bit differently this week.

R

RugbyGal

Hawko said:
Little kicks over the top that destroyed the Canes will be swallowed by the Stormers sweepers. We need to do things a bit differently this week.

Yep the Fijian fellow not in the team! :yay

Status
Not open for further replies.