• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Senate enquiry into Australian Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
I imagine its a lot of huff and puff unless they have real evidence, it is unlikely that anything will come of it.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I imagine its a lot of huff and puff unless they have real evidence, it is unlikely that anything will come of it.

That’s the question; what “real” evidence is there to present, in addition to what is known and what is a legal “asset”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

The gist of the report as I read it indicated that evidence (presumeably given under oath) to the Senate, differed from what the ARU had in their annual reports/financial statements (legal documents which need to be lodged and signed off as being true and correct by the CEO and the Board). One would have thought that if there is conflict in material matters between the two then either ASIC would have an obligation to act or perjury has been comitted at the enquiry??????

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Rugby Australia emails show Western Force didn’t stand a chance

FURTHER evidence has emerged that Rugby Australia helped orchestrate the sale of the Melbourne Rebels to the Victorian Rugby Union, effectively signing the Western Force’s Super Rugby death warrant.

Details have surfaced in an email, obtained by The Sunday Times, that was sent from RA’s former legal counsel Richard Hawkins to VRU chairman Tim North.
It was sent on July 11, less than a month before RA closed the Force.

It was also addressed to RA chief executive Bill Pulver and head of professional rugby Anthony French.

Hawkins said a Deed of Amendment was needed for the put option for transferring ownership of the Rebels to the VRU because it “doesn’t quite work for what we are all contemplating here”.

The initial clause stated the date of completion must be no less than six months and no more than seven months after the date of the Exercise Notice.

But a letter to the VRU from Rebels owner, New Zealand businessman Andrew Cox’s Imperium Sports Management says: “We irrevocably exercise the put option granted to us under the Put Option Deed and require you to purchase the option shares from us on the terms and conditions set out in the Put Option Deed. In accordance with clause 2.3(a) of the Deed we specify (insert date) as the Completion Date.”

Cox used the put option and sold 11,625,000 Rebels shares to the VRU on August 4 for $1 – less than a month after the email was sent.

It says: “In terms of other documents, our view is that we will need a Deed of Amendment for the put option as the mechanism it currently contains for transferring ownership of the Rebels to the VRU doesn’t work for what we are all contemplating here — see clause 2.3(a) of the put option for example.

“We can instruct (legal firm) Clayon Utz to draft the Deed of Amendment if you are happy with this?

“Otherwise, there is the Deed of Release between the Rebels, AC (Cox), PS (Peter Sidwell a member of Cox’s consortium) and the other unitholders which it looks like you have in hand.”

Pulver, Hawkins and North did not reply when asked for a comment.

The latest revelation comes after The Sunday Times revealed last week that RA was brokering a deal to save the Rebels two months before the decision to axe the Force was announced.
Another email shows Pulver was discussing the deal to transfer the Rebels licence from Cox to the VRU in June this year. Pulver denied any involvement in the subsequent transfer of the Rebels licence.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/r...tern-force-didnt-stand-a-chance-ng-b88678742z

More lies and deception from the ARU. Show Pulver perjured himself during the Senate hearing and should face the music.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
So yes - there was more to come.....Nick Taylor's headline says it all:

Rugby Australia emails show Western Force didn’t stand a chance

Below is the article on 6 August 2017 in which the ARU claimed to have been blindsided by the Rebels when news leaked of the ownership transfer on Friday night (4 August).

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-...ransfer-of-super-rugby-licence-to-vic/8779434

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/08/04/10/54/rebels-vru-sale

"Dirty deals done dirt cheap" - as long as you discount the terrible cost and impact upon Rugby in Australia.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Or they could just have the law of the land applied to them as it applies to everyone else. Or are you of the view that the ARU are above the law?

No, I am of the view that I have no particular view. I just enjoy myself nipping into rather boring threads like this and injecting an alternative view.

Don't take it all too seriously, at the end of the day it is only a game, after all.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
No, I am of the view that I have no particular view. I just enjoy myself nipping into rather boring threads like this and injecting an alternative view.

Don't take it all too seriously, at the end of the day it is only a game, after all.
You're posting history shows that you do have a particular view.
Which is fine, but denying it makes it difficult to take anything you post seriously.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)

Well at least you admit you are a troll.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
The hat seems to fit!

Urban Dictionary’s top rated definition for “trolling” as:

“Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.”

Wikipedia defines it as:

"Someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.”

Flog them! Put them in the stocks! Where's the guillotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.