• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks Vs Brumbies - S15 Rd 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Brumbies look good for this clash, although Sharks are a real test.
Hopefully there will be no controversial refereeing decisions.
Be good for Sio to get more playing time.
Brumbies by 6.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Hopefully there will be no controversial refereeing decisions.

Is that really worth mentioning at this early stage or prior to any game? Are you predicting there will be? Surely it's a given that no one wants controversial refereeing decisions.

Brumbies in better form at this stage - Sharks have started slowly again. Perhaps the travel factor and home ground advantage will counteract that, but either way should be a very intriguing battle. The first of the heavy weight battles in the AUS/SA conferences.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Is that really worth mentioning at this early stage or prior to any game? Are you predicting there will be? Surely it's a given that no one wants controversial refereeing decisions.

Brumbies in better form at this stage - Sharks have started slowly again. Perhaps the travel factor and home ground advantage will counteract that, but either way should be a very intriguing battle. The first of the heavy weight battles in the AUS/SA conferences.
I will be the first to be happy to stand corrected and eat my words.

P

Paradox

Seeing the Stormers rip into the Chiefs just shows how hard it is to win in SA, especially first week. Going to be a massive test for the Brumbies. If they win it'll be 7 in a row away from home which would be a record. I've not seen any Sharks games this year but they were impressive last year.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Looking forward to this match. Sharks havent played well but they are still unbeaten. There defense have been good thus far but their attacking play is disappointed at the moment. A must win match for them.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Two teams that can play astutely executed technical rugby. Should be a very good game and bloody hard to tip a winner out of this one.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
SA tour was when a lot of poeple started to take the Reds seriously 2 years ago. If the Brumbies can do the same I may have to put a few dollars on them for the title.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
On current form I cant see the Sharks winning this. The Brumbies defense at date has been impenetrable.I've been super impressed.

The Sharks have just been okay. I put my money on them at the start of the season so I definitely rate there squad. I've stayed up for all there games thus far and they haven't really dominated in any games yet.They'll have too improve a lot this week if they hope to win.

The real question will be can the Brumbies overcome the travel/home ground advantage factor. They came up short last year in SA but they seemed to have come a long way since then. Brumbies by less than 10.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
On current form I cant see the Sharks winning this. The Brumbies defense at date has been impenetrable.I've been super impressed.

The Sharks have just been okay. I put my money on them at the start of the season so I definitely rate there squad. I've stayed up for all there games thus far and they haven't really dominated in any games yet.They'll have too improve a lot this week if they hope to win.

The real question will be can the Brumbies overcome the travel/home ground advantage factor. They came up short last year in SA but they seemed to have come a long way since then. Brumbies by less than 10.
A week is a long time in rugby and derby games never play out the same way that inter-conference games do. Neither team has played a team outside of their conference yet, so hard to know what to expect. I do expect the Sharks to place more emphasis on attack leading into this game though (similar to the change from the Stormers and Bulls in the weekend just gone by).

Brums certainly have form on their side, but the Sharks will be determined not to lose one at home.

P

Paradox

Could be some interesting selections for the Brumbies for this one
Let me guess..

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Fardy
5. Kimlin
6. Mowen
7. Smith
8. Auleau
9. White
10. To'omua
11. Tomane
12. Lilo
13. Smith
14. Speight
15. Mogg

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Could be some interesting selections for the Brumbies for this one
you know somethink we don't know...........

this is a game hard to predict, Brumbies in excellent form, the Sharks unbeaten and at home. After watching some of the Kings vs Sharks game, one would think the forwards' battle $ scrums will be particulalry intense. Close score.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
you know somethink we don't know.....

Not really, it's a big match on the back of another big match that was pretty physical.

Jake likes using his squad and the next block of 4 games is all against South African teams.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Brums certainly have form on their side, but the Sharks will be determined not to lose one at home.

Just out of curiosity, which team comes out determined to lose one at home?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Really looking forward to this game. Thinking of the teams that have won the Super 15 of the last 5 years, their seasons have been defined by big wins on the road against high quality opponents. If the Brumbies really are championship material they'll win at least one, maybe both of their game in SA.

Status
Not open for further replies.